PDA

View Full Version : Question WCDMA traffic share

magno22
2012-07-18, 10:56 AM
Dears,

We use huawei RNC that is BSC6900 R12. I just added second carrier in our WCDMA network and both carriers can support voice R99 and HSPA services. F1 carrier and F2 carrier coverage is same, there are transmitted by one RF unit and one antenna. So now i want to optimize our network thas is should be F1 carrier used by most services and if F1 carrier capacity usage is reached 80%, F2 carrier should start serve. In shortly F1 carrier traffic should be greather than F2 carrier. how to configure this optimization goal? What i change wich parameter. Please share any experience. (If possible send me MML commands).

Best regards,
Magno

dkaloki
2012-07-18, 01:05 PM
Hi Magno,

How is the layering strategy that you are adopting? Are both F1 and F2 access layers? Can UEs camp on both layers?

magno22
2012-07-18, 02:05 PM
Hi Magno,

How is the layering strategy that you are adopting? Are both F1 and F2 access layers? Can UEs camp on both layers?

Have you any layering strategy good document? F1and F2 carrier access layers is same. UEs access randomly access both carrier.

khurrambilal01
2012-07-18, 02:10 PM
Huawei has Intra frequecy load balancing feature which can help you greatly to share load between two carriers,
Secondly there is another feature that can dedicate one carrier for Smart phones and second carrier for Data cards, You can use this feature for sharing load amongst carrier based upon the UE.

magno22
2012-07-18, 03:43 PM
Huawei has Intra frequecy load balancing feature which can help you greatly to share load between two carriers,
Secondly there is another feature that can dedicate one carrier for Smart phones and second carrier for Data cards, You can use this feature for sharing load amongst carrier based upon the UE.

in this case no need intra frequency LDR. because traffic is enough 2 carrier. Also data card usage is very low so it can not highly affect traffic. Any other idea?

chefo
2012-07-18, 09:42 PM
Huawei has Intra frequecy load balancing feature ...

Do you mean Inter-Frequency? This would make more sense. Activate this one, sent all UEs to camp on F1 (qoffset) and set the parameters on F1 so, that after the load (power, code, number of hs users) reaches the target limit, all following connection requests should be sent to F2.
I'm currently working with this feature but on E******* kit, I'm not sure how similar is to Huawei RAN12. On E******* it works perfectly.

agenov
2012-07-18, 09:54 PM
Usually at the beginning when introduce 2nd carrier and traffic especially PS is not huge it is normal to dedicate one carrier for HSPA and the other one for CS/R99 PS by using RAB DRD. This easy algorithm allows u to assign SPG groups with difference services priority thus says how different traffic to be redistributed between both carriers during call setup phase. I'd say to u to start from here as first step.

BR
Alex

Dears,

We use huawei RNC that is BSC6900 R12. I just added second carrier in our WCDMA network and both carriers can support voice R99 and HSPA services. F1 carrier and F2 carrier coverage is same, there are transmitted by one RF unit and one antenna. So now i want to optimize our network thas is should be F1 carrier used by most services and if F1 carrier capacity usage is reached 80%, F2 carrier should start serve. In shortly F1 carrier traffic should be greather than F2 carrier. how to configure this optimization goal? What i change wich parameter. Please share any experience. (If possible send me MML commands).

Best regards,
Magno