View Full Version : Question TCH BLOCKING and Traffic calculation

sabila
2012-07-12, 02:08 PM
Hi all,

how to make analysis and calculation upgrade trx because of blocking TCH

example
1 cell config 2 TRX offered traffik 20 erlang,halfrate 100%
Blocking 100%

as we know some user may retry to make call,so the hidden traffic may not up to 100 %
how can we make sure the calculation,so we dont need to upgrade and upgrade agaian due to miss calculation

BR//

oswe
2012-07-12, 09:42 PM
well, ..in well organized networks you sit with your customer at the beginning of the commercial year and you propose them that the expected growth for the network is (let´s say) %40... (you also have other assumptions like traffic growth, data growth, etc...)

then finally you can apply those predictions to a single cell.
with those figures plus erlang tables and desired blocking you can grow the needed capacity...
....but then your customer will tell you "I dont want to spend that much.." hahah!!.... and then you will realize it´s a never ending circle...

hehehe

usama0795
2012-07-12, 10:14 PM
with 100% blokcing u can not actually judge but if its less u can probably do it through b/m equation I sometimes use but as u said its not possible as user always retries.....but above 30-40% TCH blocking if no radio outage or neighboring site outage generally means that cell needs to be upgraded.......for me its just sometimes based on insticnt and 99% of the time when u upgrade its hardly wrong.....

sabila
2012-07-12, 11:11 PM
thanks pal,
so the equation for upgrade for blocking is used blocking around 30% :)
may be after 30% all subscriber just only retry en retry
OK
i will used that for my equation upgrade