PDA

View Full Version : Question out of coverage

srikanth
2012-07-09, 03:18 AM
in our network at inter msc boundaries we are receiving complaints from customers that even though they are having full coverage for most of the incoming calls they are getting "number out of coverage" announcement. what may be the reason? how to solve the issue?

juanpico
2012-07-09, 02:47 PM
I think you should check with your MSC definitions, I have encountered a almost the same problem before with a new site within the border, found out that site what not properly defined in Core like neighbor LAC, etc.

in our network at inter msc boundaries we are receiving complaints from customers that even though they are having full coverage for most of the incoming calls they are getting "number out of coverage" announcement. what may be the reason? how to solve the issue?

oswe
2012-07-09, 10:31 PM
I would first check all the counters related to inter-msc- handover to detect some major problem in msc-neighbourhood

usama0795
2012-07-11, 09:36 PM
u r having issue with Paging.....as you know when MS when cell re-selcting it wont answer to paging maybe ping-pong cell reselctions (since MS is at LAC border Location update take more time about 3.5 seconds to be successful during which time MS cannot be paged) are occuring apply CRH....re-home sites having severe problems to the same MSC so LAC could be made the same by do verify LAC boundaries to be logical.....

srikanth
2012-07-14, 06:09 PM
is changing the LAC boundaries only solution for the problem?

Mdaf
2012-07-21, 12:34 PM
Yes if you can locate the lax border into better place interm of density and mobility, you can enable Increase the hystrisis to harden the LU or apply C2 with penalty time.

sabila
2012-07-23, 04:50 PM
check your timer for that cell
paging location update in cell level and core level
paging timer for radio level must be lower than core side

usama0795
2012-07-23, 05:50 PM
yeah u can verify MSC level parameters to be accordance with BSC level paramters just to make this checklist sort of a thing.....below attaching E******* MSC level parmaters......

hamody2005
2013-01-18, 03:29 AM
I have face the same problem and it was NBR LAC defination on MSC side

justdream
2013-03-05, 08:03 PM
Dears,
Do you have good Doc about how to optimize this issue?

justdream
2013-03-06, 03:12 AM
u r having issue with Paging.....as you know when MS when cell re-selcting it wont answer to paging maybe ping-pong cell reselctions (since MS is at LAC border Location update take more time about 3.5 seconds to be successful during which time MS cannot be paged) are occuring apply CRH....re-home sites having severe problems to the same MSC so LAC could be made the same by do verify LAC boundaries to be logical.....Dear Usama,How to solve this issue by modifying 2G radio parameters?