PDA

View Full Version : Question Paging Success Rate Ownership (RF or CN?)

khurrambilal01
2012-07-07, 04:07 PM
Hi experts,Which department has the ownership for paging Success rate KPI (Improvements & degradations).Is it RF or Core network ??Because on CN there are many parameters which can improve PSR but relatively on RF side we have very few parameters which can help in Optimizing this KPI.

zloy_qwer
2012-07-07, 04:29 PM
Timers for paging in BSCshould be sinchronized with NSS settings.

khurrambilal01
2012-07-07, 04:35 PM
Yes of course it is so, But my question is that "PSR is RF KPI or CN KPI?, Who is the owner".

jayk
2012-07-08, 01:05 AM
RF is responsible for PSR KPI's. There are few parameters in Core but the LAC/RAC planning, RF parameters plays the important role in Paging Success Rate. Just imagine, some Core guys directing RF guys to replan LAC!! I did not see that anywhere.

usama0795
2012-07-24, 08:19 PM
depends on the sort of issue u r having e.g. PSR is an RF KPI if SD-Blocking is degradaing PSR then the issues resides within RF domain as core guys cannot take out cells with high SD-Blocking but if the issue is due to like no answer issue becuase of some IMSI getting detached then the issue lies within core domain but ownership of KPI need be done by both departments.....and RF side to we have more the enough parameters to improve PSR (paging_retry_times/max_retrans/tx_integer/waitindication_parameter_t3122/perodic location update timer/imsi attach detach allowed/t3101).......

djordjebeg
2012-07-24, 09:46 PM
Hi experts,Which department has the ownership for paging Success rate KPI (Improvements & degradations).Is it RF or Core network ??Because on CN there are many parameters which can improve PSR but relatively on RF side we have very few parameters which can help in Optimizing this KPI.Definitely CN is owner as CN has info about paging response and ca correlate paging request with respecting paging response.( only paging type 2 RAN originated is RAN responsibility)

regards,

patek1968
2012-07-25, 02:30 AM
I think CN is the main contributor with regards to PSR since they are the one who keep an eye with the network integrity..RF are the ones who maintain this KPI when CN doesn't know what to do..based on experience..=)

phantomzone
2012-07-25, 05:33 AM
In frigging tresting, i would really love to get more points, i hope you could help add to my Rep

phantomzone
2012-07-25, 05:34 AM
Hi Experts, real nice!, its good to be part to this.

Ahmed.
2013-01-04, 03:08 PM
Most of the times, this KPI is owned by the CN team. They are the ones suggesting LAC dimensions based on the traffic load. RF does the cell level part mostly.

lamhd_bk
2013-01-24, 04:36 PM
Thank you all
A question for you
can we evaluate the PSR' KPI by driving test logfile?
can we check the response of MS with Paging message?

RGs

lamagica
2013-01-26, 12:37 PM
it would be difficult to find the problem by drive test, statistic measurement should give the overall condition. paging deleted, sdsr and especially Core Network measurements.

ventinel
2013-02-15, 03:31 PM
CN is the owner generally but RF teams have to help for their part

Yes of course it is so, But my question is that "PSR is RF KPI or CN KPI?, Who is the owner".