PDA

View Full Version : Interference in LTE networks (ICS telecom ....Vs... Atoll)

labviewlover
2012-07-06, 09:30 PM
@experts

can any1 tell me which tool is better in analyzing interference (co/adjacent channel interference) in LTE networks?

tools, namely (Atoll and ics telecom)

many thanks

MINTO
2012-07-08, 11:23 AM
Hi...i think Mentum will be good...hv u tried it

labviewlover
2012-07-08, 01:16 PM
thanks Minto for ur kind reply.

I've not really tried Mentum (due to license and file format problems)...
currently, i have access to Atoll and ICS telecom, and trying to analyze a situation using 1 of them.

MINTO
2012-07-08, 02:20 PM
what interference ur looking fr like rsrq based on traffic,SINR,

in LTE at present everybody is on reuse 1, so PCI MOD3 and MOD6 are big issues, i dont think any tool can show interference based on PCI mod 3 and MOD 6 .

in mentum u can plan AFP with MOD3 and MOD6 .

looking for more reply on this topic from all interested members

labviewlover
2012-07-08, 06:10 PM
dear Minto, to be honest with u

i'm doing something very simple compared to PCI, MOD, etc of LTE complicated things....my plan is to design 2 base stations and check the interfernece (i) IN dBm
from one station in to the other 1....just simple modelling of this case based on (ITU link budget formula...pt+Gt+Gr-ACIR....etc

the ACIR here is the adjacent channel interference ratio, which is (ACRL.ACS)/(ACLR+ACS).....

it sounds non-professional, but my study of interference is not related to (RS, PDSCH, PDCCH, PCI, SS) signals in LTE......i just need the carrier (C)

at some point, i noticed that ATDI ics telecom has some analyses that do above scenarios without resorting to LTE complicated signals, but ics is very complicated and its learning curve takes time compared to Atoll.

any input based on above little details will be appreciated.

thanks a lot

DCA
2012-07-08, 09:10 PM
@labviewlover

All tools can do the job but I prefer (like Minto mentioned) Mentum for it.
Second best for your analysis would be ICS followed by Atoll.