PDA

View Full Version : AMR HR/FR

mawlana
2012-07-06, 03:03 PM
hi all!

I need some opinion about this situation. Let say we have "TCH cong" at some cell (900/1800) and decided to go for HR to increase capacity( BTS 900 - HR only at BCCH TRX). I put AMR HR at 900 but should i put AMR/FR at 1800 ??

thx :)

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-07-06, 03:31 PM
I think your cells have multiband structure, i.e 900 Bcch/TCH + 1800 TCH only. The threshold for HR trigger are only set on cell level irrespective of band. I am talking about e******* systems.

In huawei, it is possible to modify HR threshold on TRX Level.

BR//
Imran

stream19
2012-07-07, 01:49 AM
I didn't get well your problem.
you can conver the FR RTSL to HR RTSL or DR RTSL like you want according to blocking so what is your problem here?

milan_recj
2012-07-07, 02:08 PM
Pls elaborate ur problem.
Is it for E// system.

mawlana
2012-07-09, 05:10 AM
Greets all!
Excuse me for late post.28514
So i got 2 TRX at 900 and 2 TRX at 1800. I wanna put HR only at 1 TRX (900 bcch trx). In that case i shoud make ARM HR coding for 900, and i make it.
My Question is: is it appropriate to go for AMR FR for my 1800. I ask this cause in some cases during "call set up" if my MS decides to go from 900 to 1800 it may fail(in case of my AMR FR is not switched ON). Do you have any experience with familiar situations ?
Vendor: NOKIA

oswe
2012-07-09, 10:22 PM
you dont need to make such a complicated choice... you should select your HR-cell-threshold to go to HR according to your needs...and the cell will auto adjust..

stream19
2012-07-11, 04:42 AM
salam Mawlana and all,
I am working for NSN, and I want to tell you that your question is not clear at all.
why AMR FR is OFF?
do you have AMR FR and HR feature activated?
do you have Common BCCH? (900 and 1800 with 1 BCCH)
what about LSEG (if you are using Common BCCH) ?
what about remaining number of licenses (HR)?
Thanks

fantominox
2012-07-11, 05:15 AM
Hi Mawlana,
it is not problem if in one layer (GSM900) you have switched onAMR HR and in second layer (DCS) you have only AMR FR (had it set in my network, but changed it). During HO from GSM to DCS in HO command is contained info about codec in a new channel, HO with codec change (HR->FR) is nothing special. In my network have different vendors: one supports AMR and second doesn't, HOs with codec change between t em proceed without problems.
I wonder why you want switch on AMR HR in GSM layer only. I think you should switch on AMR HR in DCS cell to, if you have congestion.
AMR HR codecs ensure very good speech quality perceived by subscriber, as good as AMR FR. Minimal speech quality decrease subscriber can notice at codec AMR HR 4,75 kbit/s if he has sensitive hearing...but you don't need switch on this codec.
Greetings

Fantominox
If useful plz add R

mawlana
2012-07-11, 03:50 PM
hi all !
The cell is integrated like a month ago, thats why it has`t any speech codec yet. All KPIs going in normal condition. For "TCH cong NOM" is makin like 10-15 per day and according to this i decided for AMR HR only at BCCH TRX 900. It seem to me that it will manage to deal with this congestion. (and yes we have a limited AMR FR/HR licenses)
For LSEG at 900 value is: 10
For LSEG at 1800 value is: 70
It is just that with my collegues have this discusion if i put ON AMR HR and leave codeother TRXs without any speech c in some cases during "call set up" it may fail cause missing AMR FR. (Something that during call set up in 900 my SDCCH is at 900 and if it go at 1800 and there is no AMR codec it may fail).
I few days we`ll test this situations in our test lab and`ll tell you results .

thanks