PDA

View Full Version : Question TraceViewer NSN

usama0795
2012-07-06, 03:11 AM
Dear Experts....does anyone know if I can run trace on a cell in TraceViewer using Cell ID as IMSI is not avialable? kindly share if some presentation on TraceViewer is thr.......

ManuelBelgrano
2012-07-06, 04:45 PM
Dear Experts....does anyone know if I can run trace on a cell in TraceViewer using Cell ID as IMSI is not avialable? kindly share if some presentation on TraceViewer is thr.......

Hi usama0795,

I have attached here some docs about NetAct Trace Viewer, I am sure you can create traces by CellID. Have a look at them to sse if you find it useful...

http://www.4shared.com/zip/AkZrSW6Z/NSN_netact_traces_material.html

usama0795
2012-07-06, 06:34 PM
Hey mate thank just skimmed through the document really good but cant seem to find any option for cell level tarce.....as there is in Motorollla and huawei i mean can for theses vendors one can easily get trace information for 200 to 300 calls on cells level.......

m121
2012-07-08, 03:06 AM
Hi,
no in NSNs TraceViewer you can not activate cell traces. It is possible to activate it for specific cell trough BTS Site Manager but those traces can only be analysed and viewed with NSNs internal tools that they are not sharing with customers (In 2G case).
For 3G you can filter dropped calls by cell using Megamons Abnormal Call tracing feature. With EMIL license there should be possible to analyse cell data even further but I haven't worked with EMIL so I am not 100% sure.
In any case NSNs tracing possibilities are very limited compared to other vendors and only good thing in this department from NSN is Traffica for Live monitoring and 3G L3 traces.

oswe
2012-07-09, 10:36 PM
Traffica !.. CI not possible in trace viewer (I dont like that tool anyway)

usama0795
2012-07-11, 09:38 PM
thanks for the feedback guys but do tell if anyone of you come across a simpler way to get Trace Infomation at cell level mainly for 2G sites for NSN....thanks again....

jan74
2012-07-11, 10:40 PM
Welcome to NSN! No tracing available as standard!

oswe
2012-07-11, 10:59 PM
it is funny, everytime I get close to any trainer or important manager... I take the oportunity to claim that REALTIME is a must in today´s networks... but NSN people dont seem to agree with that... (despite their service very-well-oriented people)