PDA

View Full Version : DlHoCeCodeResvSf Meaning

theumar@hotmail.com
2012-07-04, 09:29 PM
Hi, Please help with explanation of Huawei RAN12 DlHOCECODERESVSF parameter, like what will happen if it is set to SFOFF and if we keep increasing this value from SF4 to SF16 and so on. Default value of this parameter is SF32, does it mean that all 32 codes belong to SF32 are reserved for HO??? if that is so, how about AMR service that use SF256. Please if some one can help with examples that will be very helpful.

Thanks

tukangoptim
2012-07-04, 10:15 PM
i guess "yes" for the question.
once tried reducing reserve code at code congestion cells and impact was good.
sho sr was also fine.

nupong
2012-07-08, 12:10 AM
Hi, Please help with explanation of Huawei RAN12 DlHOCECODERESVSF parameter, like what will happen if it is set to SFOFF and if we keep increasing this value from SF4 to SF16 and so on. Default value of this parameter is SF32, does it mean that all 32 codes belong to SF32 are reserved for HO??? if that is so, how about AMR service that use SF256. Please if some one can help with examples that will be very helpful.

Thanks

I haven't checked on the parameter description yet but as I thought if you set "SF32" it means that you reserved DL CE for HO as same amount as normal SF32 used.

I couldn't remember how many CEs for SF32 but if you set "DlHOCECODERESVSF" to SF8 and PS384 consumed SF8 with 10 DL CE, so you reserved 10 DL CE for HO purpose.

nupong
2012-07-08, 09:07 PM
DlHoCeCodeResvSf
DL handover credit and code reserved SF
Meaning: Some cell resources can be reserved for handover UEs to guarantee handover success rate and improve access priority of handover services. This parameter defines the quantity of downlink code and CE resources reserved for handover. SFOFF refers to that no resources is reserved. SF32 refers to that a code resource with SF = 32 and its corresponding credit resource are reserved.

GUI Value Range: SF4(SF4), SF8(SF8), SF16(SF16), SF32(SF32), SF64(SF64), SF128(SF128), SF256(SF256), SFOFF(SFOFF)

Actual Value Range: SF4, SF8, SF16, SF32, SF64, SF128, SF256, SFOFF

Unit: None

Default Value: SF32

Recommended Value: SF32

Parameter Relationship: The value of this parameter must satisfy the following relationship: DlHoCeCodeResvSf >= DlLdrCreditSfResThd; DlHoCeCodeResvSf >= CellLdrSfResThd. The comparison between the spreading factors is based on the number following the acronym "SF", for example, SF32>SF8. (For detailed information, refer to ADD UCELLLDR (http://localhost:810/lmt/M2C01SPH516/UO/en/help/mbsc/m-mml/add-ucellldr.html))

Service Interrupted After Modification : No (No impact on the UE in idle mode)

Impact on Network Performance: The backer position the value is in {SF4,SF8,SF16,SF32,SF64,SF128,SF256,SFOFF}, the less code and credit resources reserved for handover UEs. The possibility of rejecting handover UE admissions increases and performance of UEs cannot be guaranteed. The more frontal position the value is, the more the possibility of rejecting new UEs is and some idle resources are wasted.