PDA

View Full Version : Original G-NetTrack Android OS Netmonitor

optopt
2012-07-04, 07:51 PM
UMTS/GSM/LTE/CDMA/EVDO Network Monitor and Drive Test tool

This is a fieldtest/netmonitor application for UMTS/GSM/LTE/CDMA/EVDO network.

The application monitors the serving CELLID, LEVEL, QUAL, MCC, MNC, LAC, technology, cell serving time and neighbor cells CELLID/PSC and LEVEL.

LEVEL and QUAL depend on technology:
- 2G - RXLEVEL and RXQUAL
- 3G - RSCP and ECNO
- 4G - RSRP and RSRQ

Only for 4G also SNR and CQI are monitored.

The reported measurements depend on the phone and are not available on all mobiles. For example most phones do not report RXQUAL on GSM and only some report ECNO on 3G.

If LEVEL is -200dBm that means your device does not report correctly and you have to search for a software update from your device manufacturer.

***NEW*** G-NetDiag - online tool for visualization and postprocessing of text log files is available - check G-NetDiag section on www.gyokovsolutions.com

***NEW*** Phone measurement capabilities survey - go to Menu-More-Measurement Capabilities and see if your device reports correctly CELLID, LEVEL, QUALITY, NEIGHBORS. Share your results and see the results from the survey for different phone brands.

There are two modes in which app could be used - instant and log modes.

1. Instant mode - this is a quick mode for fast measurements
- start the app
- enable the mapview (Menu - Enable Map and GPS)
- select measurement (LEVEL, QUAL, CELLID, DL-bitrate, UL-bitrate, Speed)
- when you finish with measurements you can export the observed measurement to kml or take a screenshot.

2. Log mode - this is more sophisticated mode. You can also start optionally voice and data sequences (that's why you see in the app permissions "Services that cost you money - Directly call phone numbers") in order to monitor the network for blocked and dropped calls and to measure upload and download bitrate. Don't lock the phone while the log is running.
- start the app
- select what measurements you want to log (Menu-Settings)
- start log (Menu - Start Log)
- the app starts to create kml and text tab export for the selected measurements
- it also creates event kml and text file - for cell reselections, handovers, Call Start, Call End, Call Drop, Call Block
- when you are finished with measurements press End Log button
- you can find kml exports and tab exports in folder G-NetTrack_Logs on sdcard

Using application you can easily pinpoint network problems like:
- blocked calls
- dropped calls
- bad coverage - low RXLEVEL
- low uplink and downlink data throughput
- lack of dominant server causing lot of cell reselections and frequent service interruptions - when the serving cell time is small
- weak 3G coverage - when you have a lot of reselections between cells on 3G and 2G

- if you have information about the sites you can create cellfile and you can view sites on map - see the screenshots. Put the file in the folder G-NetTrack_Logs/cellfile. Go to G-NetTrack section on www.gyokovsolutions.com for instruction how to create file and sample file.
- option to load cellfile, show cellname labels and serving cell line is in Menu - Settings
- if you add too many cells to cellfile the performance of the app could be slowed on some mobiles when the Map tab is active

For log files new point is created when the distance difference is >15m or cellid has changed. The icon size varies with technology - size2G < size3G < size4G.

KML log file can be used with Google Earth or G-NetLook in order easily to view measurement results.
Text log file can be used with G-NetDiag, for statistical purposes or imported in MapInfo in order to create coverage maps.

If you use antivirus software allow the app to create folders and write on sdcard.

For more information go to www.gyokovsolutions.com (http://www.gyokovsolutions.com)

Download from Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrack)

tester
2012-07-04, 08:19 PM
Unfortunatelly as all other programs it does not show neighbours on ******** phone

croleg
2012-07-04, 08:21 PM
opt, share file directly.

mike
2012-07-05, 09:46 AM
I am not Gmail user. Can you share the direct installer??

Mike:cool:

optopt
2012-07-05, 05:43 PM
apk file is added

lihanbok
2012-07-05, 05:47 PM
apk file is added
I want to add cel file for this software, could you please tell me how to do that or it not support?
Thanks.
Best Regards,
Lihanbok

optopt
2012-07-05, 09:36 PM
Cell file is not supported. You can add one on Google Earth and open also the kml log file.

optopt
2012-07-13, 09:36 PM
Updated - here is v3.3

optopt
2012-08-07, 06:29 AM
Updated v3.4
Three kml files are generated:
- RXLEVEL thematic map
- CELLID thematic map
- events (cell reselections) map
The icon for 2G is circle and for 3G - square.
Battery efficiency is improved - GPS is turned off when the application is in background and log is not running.

optopt
2012-08-10, 07:42 PM
Updated v3.5

Added automatic voice call sequence - the events CALL START, CALL BLOCK, CALL DROP and CALL END are included in events.kml and in events.txt file.
The voice call sequence parameters (number of calls, call duration and pause between calls) could be set in this way:
- click [EDIT]
- change the values
- click [SAVE]
Note: In 3G during the voice call cell parameters are not updated. So in 3G use short calls.
In order not to be charged you can call number which is not answering

ticoff
2012-08-10, 10:07 PM
Nice application!

It doesn't show the neighbors on Samsung Galaxy 2S.

Is there any free application that would show the neighbors?

s52d
2012-08-11, 04:46 AM
It doesn't show the neighbors on Samsung Galaxy 2S.

Is there any free application that would show the neighbors?

Hi!

As there is no standardized AT command to show neighbors, it is hard to get this information to the application.
Some radio chips have additional/undoccumented commands, but SW written to display this information
is obviously depending on such chip being in the terminal.
Also, there might be several different chipsets used for same terminal.

I have not found any SG2 description of undocumented AT commands ...

BR
s52d

optopt
2012-09-10, 01:53 AM
Here is the new version:
New things:
Now you can measure the download bit rate.
Data sequence is added to program functionality - type target URL and start data sequence. New kml file for DL bitrate is created.
Choose bigger file in target URL in order to have bigger download speed.

abhye_x
2012-09-10, 05:01 AM
Such a good news to have this good tool for android.
Will try it :D

Regard

optopt
2012-09-27, 09:26 PM
Updated to 3.91
-fixed neighbor cells display - tested on some HTC, Sony, Alcatel and LG mobiles

tester
2012-09-29, 04:50 PM
Is it possible to add neigbours for ******** phones?

optopt
2012-10-02, 08:11 PM
No, it depends on the phone - Samsung phones for example does not support neighbors - seems like ******** also does not show neighbors

optopt
2012-10-15, 08:23 PM
Updated to 3.93
- added uplink and downlink speed on main screen
- fixed cellid color in kml export file

optopt
2012-11-07, 05:25 AM
Updated to 3.94
-added 3G ECNO
-updated for CDMA and LTE

tester
2012-11-07, 02:01 PM
Is it possible to add C1and C2 info?

optopt
2012-11-07, 03:09 PM
no it is not supported by the phones

optopt
2012-11-07, 10:15 PM
Updated to 3.95
-added functionality for CDMA/EVDO networks
-added RXQUAL for GSM, ECNO for UMTS, RSRQ for LTE, ECIO for CDMA and EVDO (depends if the phone supports it)
-addded kml for QUAL measure
-added SNR and CQI for LTE

If you have any problems, please send me screenshot of INFO tab

optopt
2012-11-15, 05:43 PM
Updated to 3.96
- added kml export for LAC, RNC, SNR, CQI - Through Menu-> Settings you can choose which kml export you want
- fixed crash on some mobiles

If you have any problems, please send me screenshot of INFO tab

optopt
2012-11-23, 09:02 PM
Updated to 3.97
- added map where you can see the measurement in real time (LEVEL, QUAL, CELLID) and export kml files and screenshots
- Through [Settings]-[Map Satellite View] you can choose Satellite or Street view of the map
- the icon for kml export is changed and is circle but the size varies with technology - size2G<size3G<size4G. In this way the view is better when zoomed out

optopt
2012-12-04, 10:52 PM
Updated to 3.98
- added DL_bitrate, UL_bitrate and speed to map view.
- added option to set map to be active while app is in background
- added option for auto center of the map
- added speed to kml exports
- kml exports are in their separate folder
- the spaces " " in export folder name and file names are replaced with "_"

optopt
2012-12-08, 05:03 PM
Updated to 3.99
- user interface is optimized - Sequence and Control tabs are moved to menu buttons and settings - see app screenshots
- operator name is added to filenames
- news channel added - you can enable/disable it from Menu - Settings
- some bugs are fixed

bssmsm
2012-12-10, 08:24 PM
Working 90% in Samsung Galaxy series. Do not show CQI and EcNo.

optopt
2012-12-10, 11:30 PM
Yes, Samsung phones report only RXLEVEL(RSCP), some of them don't even report this...
I heard for SG3 there was some software update but not sure if it resolves ECNO and neighbours reporting.

optopt
2012-12-16, 02:56 AM
Updated to 4.0
- if you have information about the sites you can create cellfile you can view sites on map - see the screenshots. Put the file in the folder G-NetTrack_Logs/cellfile. Go to G-NetTrack section on www.gyokovsolutions.com for instruction how to create file and sample file.
- option to load cellfile, show cellname labels and serving cell line are added in Menu - Settings
- if you add too many cells to cellfile the performance of the app could be slowed on some mobiles when the Map tab is active

mihail
2012-12-16, 09:51 AM
Hi optopt & all,

Nice tool! Looking to the potential of this tool I would say that the RF Optim engineers may have now a free & fast way to perform the drive tests and optimize their mobile networks... And it is not at all complicated!

I would say that in addition to the Google Earth output files (*.kml) already provided by G-NetTrack you may use the *.txt log files as input for another free tool called Agileto. This way by choosing the option 4.1 -> "Network Optimisation based on Drive Tests" you may optimize your mobile network based on the data logged by G-NetTrack which consist in fact in getting the Top_1 to Top_X best servers from each drive test position. By using the option of "Spatial Binning" in Agileto the output results may be improved and the neighbors optimisation is possible by using event drive tests performed on different days...

Output Agileto results in Google Earth are:
-> Google Earth Drive Test RePlay (Tour) of the Drive Test presenting the links between the point and the Serving cells (see the picture below);
-> Top1 to TopX -> EcNo (3G) / RSCP (3G) / RxLev (2G);
-> Active Set Number (the number of cells detected into certain range below the Top_1);
-> Top_1 Cell coverage (the points where each cell has been detected as to be the Top_1);
-> Neighbors Proposals / Missing / NotDetected (see the picture below);
-> Overshooters cells (cells detected/suspected to act as overshooters pointing to the cells affected by them - see the picture below);
-> Wrong PSC(3G)/BCCH(2G) planning (cases detected during the drive test when under the coverage of one best server cell there are detected two other different cells sharing the same PSC/BCCH between them);
-> CellCoverage (all the points where each cell is detected during the drive test);

For more details please check into Agileto Help file which may be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.agileto.com/setup/Agileto_Help.pdf

More details about Agileto GOLD EDITION 100% free on the link below:
http://www.agileto.com/goldedition.html

optopt
2013-01-07, 11:36 PM
Updated to v4.1
- added Neighbors kml export (NCELLID and NRXLEVEL of first 6 neighbors) - enable it from Menu - Settings
- added shortcut in Menu to G-NetDiag - online tool for visualization and postprocessing of text log files
- LAC of neighbor cells added to text log file
- fixed some bugs

optopt
2013-01-15, 05:14 PM
Updated to 4.2
- added phone measurement capabilities survey - go to Menu-More-Measurement Capabilities and see if your device reports correctly CELLID, LEVEL, QUALITY, NEIGHBORS. Share your results and see the results from the survey for different phone brands.
- to MAP view are added main parameters MCC-MNC-LAC-CELLID, LEVEL and QUAl - in this way is more comfortable to see the ongoing measurement.
- fixed some bugs

optopt
2013-01-16, 06:02 PM
Updated to v4.3.
FIxed for some LTE and CDMA phones. Thanks to the people who shared their phone's measurement capabilities.

Wolfmoeder
2013-01-25, 08:00 PM
Is it possible to measure an RX of more than -51 dbm ? - As far as I understand Etsi doesn't allow it.
(very nice app by the way)

optopt
2013-02-05, 10:47 PM
Updated to v4.5
- fixed eNB, cellid and RSRQ for LTE phones

dacoder
2013-02-05, 11:58 PM
it would be even better if serving cellname was also displayed in the Cell tab alongside CI, LAC etc. Also displaying cellname of neighbor cells would be much helpful.
thanks

optopt
2013-02-07, 04:02 PM
Updated to v4.7
- fix for CDMA phones
- fix for preventing start of multiple instances

optopt
2013-02-11, 09:53 PM
Updated to 4.8
- fix for some LTE phones

optopt
2013-04-18, 10:15 PM
Updated to 4.9
- now it is possible to change threshold and colors for LEVEL - Go to Menu Settings and modify thresholds LT in dBm(LT1>LT2>...>LT7) and colors L in RRGGBB (red, green, blue from 00 to FF) format. In order to see changes on Map legend change LEVEL to some other value and back to LEVEL.
- added "Drive" tab with most important information with large size font
- cellname is showed (next to serving time) if you have loaded cellfile
- Facebook page for sharing info - http://www.facebook.com/gnettrack

optopt
2013-04-22, 08:43 PM
Updated to 5.0
- added logging state on CELL tab

seagle
2013-04-26, 06:53 PM
Can you share the direct installer?

captain_jejemon
2013-04-26, 07:38 PM
This version can lock to specific BCCH or PSC?

optopt
2013-05-07, 07:02 PM
Locking is not possible...

optopt
2013-05-09, 08:33 PM
Update to 5.1
-added Distance to Site and Bearing to Site info on MAP tab (works only with cellfile)
-added log status information (Recording, Paused) on every tab

optopt
2013-06-10, 07:38 PM
Updated to 5.2
Added two new features:
- CELLFIND - cell serving area estimation - records in kml and text file the location and location accuracy determined by Google geolocation server based on cellid measurements. WiFi must not be on, because then Google determines the location based on WiFi reports. Internet connection through mobile network must be on.
- CELLHUNTER Mode - when turned on only the cells that are missing in the cellfile are logged in the exported files
Added autoscroll for CELL tab

optopt
2013-07-01, 08:52 PM
Updated to 5.4
1. Added new feature:
G-NetWorld - webservice for browsing the measurements sent from G-NetTrack users
The service can be accessed here - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetWorld/G-NetWorld.php
The measurements are uploaded:
- online - by allowing it in G-NetTrack - Menu - Settings - G-NetWorld - Send Measurements Online
- offline - by uploading a file manually from the G-NetTrack (Menu-More-Upload File) or going to upload page
2. Fix for Huawei Ascend P2

optopt
2013-07-08, 08:14 PM
Updated to 5.5

- Fixed the problem with app closed while logging in background
- added PSC for 3G (depends on the mobile)

felixj.alvarez
2013-07-09, 11:40 PM
please, share an external link !!

Ryurikovich
2013-07-10, 03:26 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrack&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5neW9rb3Zzb2x1dGlvbnMuZ25ldHRyYWNrIl0.

zupi
2013-07-16, 09:04 PM
How can I import the base station location file? In which format does the file need to be?

optopt
2013-07-24, 05:42 PM
Check here:
http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetTrack%20Android.html

optopt
2013-07-24, 05:44 PM
Updated to 5.6

- Fixed Voice sequence. Added option to make call only on specific technology
- Added height information. You can set ground height in Settings
- added option to filter cellid in Settings - this is for some phones that report fake cellid sometimes
- added information about the location source (GPS or NETWORK-cellid/WiFi)

leonardo86
2013-08-01, 03:56 PM
Updated to 5.8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrack

What's New
New in v5.8
Cell visualization is improved:
- each technology is with different color
- it is possible to define layers for different technologies (added column LAYER in cellfile - see sample cellfile on the website) and every layer is with different color. 3 layers are possible - values 1,2,3.
New in v5.7
- added option to change time and distance interval for logging

It's can use with phone and table using cellular network. But not accurate with Duos SIM phone.

optopt
2013-08-01, 05:50 PM
Here is the apk file

Jerry
2013-08-01, 07:59 PM
I found a problem, anybody got the same?

The CellID is always the same when i was in cells same site. The problem showed in both map window, cell window and kml log data. The problem AHien phone was in idle mode.

sekit
2013-08-01, 08:05 PM
I also found a problem about RSCP. It is always the same -201 dBm.

tharinduwije
2013-08-02, 01:00 AM
Whatz ypur UE type? S2?

sekit
2013-08-02, 08:01 PM
My UE is Samsung Gaaxy S3 Mini

capcipcup
2013-08-03, 01:00 AM
I also found a problem about RSCP. It is always the same -201 dBm.

same here...using galaxy mini, s advance and defy+

Jerry
2013-08-04, 09:00 PM
Mine is Xperia arc. V5.8 is also same problem.

optopt
2013-08-06, 10:44 PM
Can you post a log file with such problem? Also try a new version 6.0. 5.8 had bug for cellid color on the map.

I found a problem, anybody got the same?

The CellID is always the same when i was in cells same site. The problem showed in both map window, cell window and kml log data. The problem AHien phone was in idle mode.

patek1968
2013-08-07, 04:19 PM
Tested this one but cell sites don't display on map..And also I cant change the measurements like Rxlev and Rxqual to RSCP and Ec/Io since my phone is always on 3G for data

optopt
2013-08-07, 09:55 PM
send me a part of your cellfile in order to check what is the problem

Tested this one but cell sites don't display on map..And also I cant change the measurements like Rxlev and Rxqual to RSCP and Ec/Io since my phone is always on 3G for data

patek1968
2013-08-08, 12:35 PM
send me a part of your cellfile in order to check what is the problem

See attached file for your reference. Thanks

optopt
2013-08-08, 07:12 PM
I loaded them successfully - see picture. The file should be called cellfile.txt and to be in cellfile folder.
Make sure you are using the new version 6.1 with feature to load only surrounding sites (feature usage and radius defined in Menu - Settings)

See attached file for your reference. Thanks

optopt
2013-08-08, 07:15 PM
New version 6.1
New in 6.1
- cell layer number is increased to 4 per technology
- added option to load only part of cellfile (the closest sites around current location) - option activation and radius are defined in Settings. In this way the map view is not overloaded
New in 6.0
- fixed CELL color in thematic map
- added TECHNOLOGY MODE to text and kml export
- added PSC reporting capability information in Measurement Capabilities

kentck86
2013-08-12, 12:51 AM
I am using samsung s advance, RSCP always showing -201. Any idea whats the issue?

optopt
2013-08-19, 05:46 PM
Check here:
http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/survey/surveyresults.php

I am using samsung s advance, RSCP always showing -201. Any idea whats the issue?

sekit
2013-08-19, 07:55 PM
RSCP is -201 dbm, any idea how to fix this???

optopt
2013-08-21, 09:06 PM
Wait for phone SW update from your phone manufacturer or change the phone

RSCP is -201 dbm, any idea how to fix this???

optopt
2013-08-21, 09:09 PM
Updated to v 6.3
New in 6.3
- fixes LTE CELLID and eNodeB ID
- MAP view is improved
- SNR is added to MAP view (LTE only)
New in 6.2
- fix for Huawei LTE TDD phones
New in 6.1
- cell layer number is increased to 4 per technology
- added option to load only part of cellfile (the closest sites around current location) - option activation and radius are defined in Settings. In this way the map view is not overloaded
G-NetTrack manual - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/gnettrack_manual.php

optopt
2013-08-26, 06:24 PM
Updated to v6.4
- added option to change the root folder for export files (in Settings) - the folder must exist otherwise it is changed to default. On INFO tab the used folder is displayed - [App folder]
- added option to use short kml format (in Settings) - reduces the size of kml export files
- added option to export cellfile to kml (Menu - Export cells) - the result file - kmlcellfile.kml is in the cellfile folder
G-NetTrack manual - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/gnettrack_manual.php

optopt
2013-08-29, 04:48 AM
Updated to v6.5
Now it is possible to make automated data transfer test.
Data Sequence is updated. It includes:
- 10 seconds ping
- 10 seconds upload
- 10 seconds download
1. Input the ping, upload and download URL in Settings.
2. Check DATA TEST in kml settings to export statistics in kml
3. Start Data Sequence from Menu.
4. Observe the stats on INFO tab and txt log.
The statistics are:
- average ping
- min ping
- max ping
- ping standard deviation
- ping loss
- upload bitrate
- download bitrate

king
2013-08-29, 06:05 PM
No Tems replacement, but the price is great :lol could be very usefull sometimes. Great work, keep it up!

Br,
King

optopt
2013-09-01, 10:24 PM
Updated to v6.6
Data Test added
1. Input the ping, upload and download URL in Settings.
2. Select: Menu - More - Data Test

optopt
2013-09-03, 11:04 PM
Updated to v6.8
- user interface is optimized
- neighbors are sorted by level
- added option to change map point and kml point size

wireless_houss
2013-09-04, 12:59 AM
Really light and interesting tool

sonerss
2013-09-04, 05:45 PM
Updated to v6.8

How can we analyse log files? is it possible to analyse in Actix or only analyse in Mapinfo tool??

sonerss
2013-09-04, 05:47 PM
Updated to v6.8

Very Nice tool. I will be try it.

Can you add Level3 messages into log files?

optopt
2013-09-07, 03:52 AM
Laye 3 messages are not reported and I can't add them

Very Nice tool. I will be try it.

Can you add Level3 messages into log files?

optopt
2013-09-07, 03:53 AM
Updqated to v6.9
- now it works also during a voice call
- new events added in events kml and text file - cell reselection and voice/data handover

sonerss
2013-09-07, 02:50 PM
How can we analyse log files? is it possible to analyse in Actix or only analyse in Mapinfo tool??

How can we analyse log files? with Mapinfo??

optopt
2013-09-09, 02:05 AM
You can use G-NetDiag (http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetDiag/G-NetDiag.html) or G-NetEarth (http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetEarth/G-NetEarth.html)

How can we analyse log files? with Mapinfo??

optopt
2013-09-30, 04:38 PM
Updated to v 7.0
- Filemarks (notes) can be added while logging. They are visible in text logfile and filemarks.kml file
- Cells with azimuth 360 are shown as circles on the map
- KML export of cellfile is enhanced - sites and labels are organized in folders

optopt
2013-10-09, 06:54 PM
Updated to v7.2
1. Added automation in Settings
- auto start app on phone boot
- auto start logging on app start
- auto start voice sequence on app start
- auto start data sequence on app start
2. Voice sequence is fixed for some phones
3. Reporting to G-NetWorld (if allowed in Settings) is enhanced
- neighbor levels
- UL/DL bitrate
- data test ping statistics and UL/DL bitrate - when data sequence is active or from data test
- call start/block/drop/end events - when voice sequence is active

optopt
2013-11-04, 07:19 PM
Updated to v7.3
- added CELL FILTER mode where the app logs only known cells from cellfile
- added pause in DATA SEQUENCE
- fixed some bugs
- added phone data connection info in text logfile

optopt
2013-11-08, 06:41 PM
Updated to v7.4
- added cell layer information (if layer info is in the cellfile) so it is possible to differentiate between different cell layers
- added cell layer information in text and kml export
- added cell layer info on CELL and MAP tab - like [1],[2],[3]
- fixed some bugs

optopt
2013-11-11, 06:36 PM
Updated to v7.6
New in 7.6
- MapView is with improved response - now it can handle more cells and measurement points
- PSC info is added to CELL and MAP tabs
New in 7.5
- SERVING CELL INFO feature - add new column INFO to cellfile. Whatever is written there will be displayed in NEI tab. Use ";" for new row.
- AUTO SCREEN ON feature - while the log is active if the screen is turned off incidentally (with power button) it will be turned automatically on again.

s52d
2013-11-12, 02:02 PM
Hello!

Latest Android releases support "CellInfo" call, supposed to replace CellLocation once.
It can provide also list of neighbor cells.
Neighbor cells detection is supported from Android 4.3 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4 terminals.
Samsung S4 with Android 4.3 supports neighbors on GSM.

Is display of neighbor cells supported already?

This functionality I miss in all non-Nemo/TEMS applications: of course, they can not display what is not available.

BR
s52d

optopt
2013-11-18, 10:09 PM
New version 7.8
- added PCI on LTE

optopt
2013-11-18, 10:16 PM
Do the phones that did not support NeighboringCellInfo now support neighbors with CellInfo?

Hello!

Latest Android releases support "CellInfo" call, supposed to replace CellLocation once.
It can provide also list of neighbor cells.
Neighbor cells detection is supported from Android 4.3 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4 terminals.
Samsung S4 with Android 4.3 supports neighbors on GSM.

Is display of neighbor cells supported already?

This functionality I miss in all non-Nemo/TEMS applications: of course, they can not display what is not available.

BR
s52d

probabaja
2013-11-26, 12:53 AM
New in 8.1
- samples where there is no coverage are included in the log
- added events COVERAGE LOST and NETWORK FOUND
New in 7.9
- Added support of CLF cellfile. The file should be named cellfile.clf or [MCC][MNC].clf like 28411.clf
If both cellfile.txt and cellfile.clf files are present, the app will load cellfile.txt

More info >> (http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetTrack%20Android.html)

ali56s
2013-11-26, 01:58 AM
this tool can save log file?
and if answer is yes
what is format logfile
and how can analyze this log
BR

dtvt2
2013-11-26, 02:08 AM
this tool can save log. The log is textfile and kml file
BR

ali56s
2013-11-26, 05:09 AM
DTVT2
friend thanks for good info
you can share sample logfile?
i want see and analyze log file
BR

probabaja
2013-11-27, 12:34 AM
Sample logfile - link (http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/downloads/G-NetTrack/sample_logfiles.rar)

optopt
2013-11-28, 10:04 PM
Updated to v8.2
New in 8.2
- added option to automatically add unknown cells to cellfile - [Settings]->[Add unknown cells].
If you have no cellfile and both [Show Sites] and [Add unknown cells] are on, the app will create new cellfile and when the log is on it will start filling it with new cells.
- added QUAL and SNR (LTE) on DRIVE tab
- fixed a few bugs
New in 8.1
- samples where there is no coverage are included in the log
- added events COVERAGE LOST and NETWORK FOUND

optopt
2013-12-02, 09:51 PM
Updated to v8.3
- inter - technology transition logging is improved
- serving cell and cells font on map view are adjustable
- a few bugs fixed

optopt
2013-12-17, 07:04 PM
Updated to v8.6
New in 8.6
- fixed missing cellid on CELL tab
New in 8.5
- fixed cellfile kml export for big files
- if you add column HEIGHT to cellfile, you can control the height of cells in kml export
- a few bugs fixed

gentle_man317
2013-12-28, 01:52 AM
Your support please as I don't have permission to download any attached file in this great forum.

optopt
2013-12-29, 05:41 PM
You can download it from here
(http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/G-NetTrack%20Android.html)

ChasityLvan
2014-01-21, 04:59 PM
As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best cell phone signal jammer (http://www.jammerfromchina.com/categories/Mobile_Phone_Jammers/) to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

punto
2014-01-22, 12:21 AM
Admin, please can this text , from our junior member ChasityLvan , be moved to other posts or topics, as it has none connection to the G-Net tool

optopt
2014-02-02, 05:21 PM
G-NetTrack is updated to v8.7
- added option to use multiple cellfiles - cellfile name should be [MCC][MNC].txt like 28401.txt or 26202.txt. On start of the app the file for serving operator will be used. Make sure that there is no cellfile.txt in the cellfile folder, cause then it will be used as cellfile
- fixed a few bugs

probabaja
2014-02-05, 06:06 AM
New in 8.8
- clf format for cellfile is updated to clf 3.3.0 - see the manual for format explanation
- added Cellfile information in INFO tab showing the loaded cellfile
- a few bugs fixed

optopt
2014-02-10, 06:23 PM
and here is the new apk 8.8

probabaja
2014-02-12, 04:30 AM
New in 8.9
- added option to export and import app settings. The file is called settings.txt in G-NetTrack_Logs folder.
- fix for LTE cellid on some HTC devices

probabaja
2014-02-14, 03:37 PM
New in 9.0
- when cellfile is too big and the option "Load only cells in range" is on, the app will create a smaller cellfile_filtered.txt containing only the cells in range around current position that will be loaded on next app start in order to save time. If you want this file to be rewritten - delete it from cellfile folder.

optopt
2014-02-23, 03:11 PM
G-NetTrack Pro - trial version is available.

This is G-NetTrack Pro trial version which runs for limited time.
It is enhanced version of G-NetTrack - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrack
The new things are:
- new map (3D buildings, view tilt, traffic info, map types)
- LTE neighbor cells measurements
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrackpro
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrackpro)

ssmc
2014-03-01, 07:01 PM
G-NetTrack Pro - trial version is available.

This is G-NetTrack Pro trial version which runs for limited time.
It is enhanced version of G-NetTrack - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrack
The new things are:
- new map (3D buildings, view tilt, traffic info, map types)
- LTE neighbor cells measurements
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnettrackpro)
hi, why i can't install it on my samsung phone? thx.

zeezzoo
2014-03-01, 11:39 PM
guys,

I'm not able to see the neighboring list ... anybody has the same problem ??

kevin_h811
2014-03-02, 01:22 PM
Hi

My experience if your phone is branded model like sony e*******,samsung,etc. it shows neighboring list. But if your phone is not branded, it doesn't show neighboring list.

br//

probabaja
2014-03-03, 03:45 AM
I can confirm, HTC phone shows neighboring list

rkdrkd
2014-03-03, 08:20 PM
I can confirm, HTC phone shows neighboring list
HTC phone model ???

probabaja
2014-03-04, 04:49 AM
HTC One SV (LTE)

optopt
2014-03-06, 07:36 PM
G-NetTrack Pro is updated
New in v0.2
- some bugs fixed
- improved map experience

optopt
2014-03-07, 06:38 AM
G-NetTrack Pro - full version
http://apps.opera.com/en_bg/gnettrack_pro.html

optopt
2014-03-08, 08:06 AM
G-NetTrack Pro video demonstration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSuxt2FrXXc

Ali33Franzeo
2014-03-11, 03:21 PM
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got cellphone jammers (http://www.jammerfromchina.com/categories/Mobile_Phone_Jammers/) for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!

optopt
2014-03-11, 11:08 PM
G-NetTrackPro is updated to v1.1
- added SMS test sequence - the app sends predefined number of SMS and monitors its successful sending and delivering - see demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBAsm_kybg)

http://www.amazon.com/Gyokov-Solutions-G-NetTrack-Pro/dp/B00IX1ADJG

G-NetTrack demo videos - YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSw0Vrp9ZUoYo6a9hM6gTyA)

optopt
2014-03-25, 09:09 PM
G-NetTrackPro is updated to v1.4
v1.2 - Added Automatic start on reboot of SMS sequence. Voice sequence is fixed.
v1.3 - Added option to change screen orientation in Settings - Other
v1.4 - LTE measurements for CDMA phones are fixed;- TAC fixed for phones with Android>4.2

optopt
2014-03-27, 04:50 PM
You can vie and analyze G-NetTrack logfiles with G-NetLook for Android OS
Video demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRQ0Y1BFQJA

Download it on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.gnetlook

TIGRI007
2014-04-28, 03:27 PM
is free on google play store....

hi, why i can't install it on my samsung phone? thx.

optopt
2014-05-15, 06:08 PM
G-NetTrack Pro is updated to v1.6
- fixed 3G-4G reselection
- added option to change cell size
- in Settings - added option to delete filtered cellfile - in Menu
- added PSC, PCI on cell history table

ivankokorin
2014-05-15, 08:50 PM
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?38520-G-NetLook-for-Android-OS-network-visualization-tool&p=223339#post223339

optopt
2014-06-02, 04:18 AM
G-NetTrack Pro is updated to v1.9
- Indoor measurements
- Floorplans load
- Max UL/DL bitrate added to datatest and data sequence

How to use indoor mode:
1. Go to Settings and activate INDOOR MODE
2. On Map the button [Set Point] and center point will appear
3. Point your current location on the map center and press [Set Point] - a marker will appear on the map
4. Move to the next point. Center map on it and press [Set Point] - several new markers (one for each second) will appear connecting previous and current location
5. Go through the route putting points when you change direction.
6. You can clear the markers using [CLR] button

How to load floorplans:
1. In folder G_NetTrack_Pro_Logs/floorplan put the floorplan images and create text index file (index.txt) with rows for each image and following content (tab delimited)
imagename longitudeSW latitudeSW longitudeNE latitudeNE

where SW and NE are South - West corner and North - East corner.

example:
1-floor.png 23.378626 42.660569 23.381324 42.662407

2. Go to Menu - Load Floorplan. The floorplans will be shown on map and for each floorplan a kml file will be created to be used with Google Earth. Notice that you have to change the image location tag <href> if you copy kml file and intend to use it on your computer.

mauryvalencia
2014-06-08, 11:50 AM
Does someone used this tools, and whas was your experiencie, do you recommend to buy the PRO version??

optopt
2014-06-17, 02:05 PM
G-NetTrack Pro is updated to v2.3
- added Auto Indoor mode activation - useful in tunnels and places with bad GPS reception

Activate it in Settings - Auto Indoor Mode. You can control threshold of GPS accuracy and time of the last fix.

Auto Indoor mode is active only when the log is active. When the GPS is lost the measurements are saved and when the GPS has fix again the measurements are plotted between the point of lost and found GPS fix.

http://www.amazon.com/Gyokov-Solutions-G-NetTrack-Pro/dp/B00IX1ADJG/

optopt
2014-06-25, 04:01 AM
G-NetTrack Pro is updated to v2.4
- Added option to modify data sequence and select the activities (ping, upload, download) that are included
- LTE fix for CDMA type phones

optopt
2014-06-25, 04:03 AM
G-NetTrack Pro manual:
http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/gnettrackpro_manual.php

optopt
2014-06-30, 05:15 AM
G-NetTrack Pro (Trial Version) on Google Play

optopt
2014-07-25, 03:21 PM
G-NetLog for Android OS is available - same as G-NetTrack Pro, but without map support - suitable for devices without Google Play services installed
http://slideme.org/application/g-netlog
http://apps.opera.com/en_bg/gnetlog.html

Boraa
2014-07-25, 06:08 PM
Hi optopt

the maps need license to work , it doesn't work with me !

optopt
2014-07-28, 04:09 PM
Maps need Google Play services to be pre installed.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms

If your phone does not support Google services - try G-NetLog:

RFSuphakit
2014-08-07, 05:37 PM
I can't download for attached file.

optopt
2014-08-08, 04:04 PM
G-NetTrack Pro presentation
http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/downloads/G-NetTrack/G-NetTrack_presentation.pdf

optopt
2014-08-15, 09:12 PM
G-NetTrack is updated to v2.7
- added chart with serving cell and neighbor cells measurements.

Boraa
2014-08-15, 09:42 PM
the link is not working ..can u share the application version in the forum

mameshal
2014-09-06, 05:53 PM
Good Software I was looking for it since long time, but I couldn't download can any one help me to send it to my email mashaal2007@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance...

optopt
2014-09-18, 10:27 PM
G-NetTrack Pro video demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8W908OHmb4

optopt
2014-11-14, 10:39 PM
G-NetTrack 9.1
- Settings are grouped thematically
- a few bugs fixed

optopt
2014-11-25, 11:14 PM