PDA

View Full Version : Question how to check if 21M license, 64QAM, dual cells and MIMO enabled or not

Jerry
2012-06-30, 12:48 AM
I want to do the benchmark with the competitors to see how their networks are ready in term of HSPA+ capabilities. What I want to check by drive test tools if 21M license, 64QAM, dual cells and MIMO enabled or not. Any messages we can find for example 64QAM enabled? or 21M license or dual cells or MIMO enable?

For 64QAM and MIMO, In Nemo Outdoor I found 64QAM sometimes indicated enabled. does it mean the 64QAM enabled for that cell or just enabled that session? My question the same for MINO.
================================

Parameter
1. Qualcomm

HSDPA MIMO
n/a

HSDPA MIMO rank 2 request ratio
n/a

HSDPA MIMO usage ratio
n/a

HSDPA 64QAM
enabled

HSDPA 64QAM (secondary)
n/a

Number of secondary HSDPA cells
n/a

===============================

for dual cells and 21M license, anyway to check by drive test tool?

I have Nemo outdoor 6 in hand to do the test. I also can borrow TEMS and Proble to do so.

Hope some body can help me.

ninjafine
2012-06-30, 06:26 AM
I want to do the benchmark with the competitors to see how their networks are ready in term of HSPA+ capabilities. What I want to check by drive test tools if 21M license, 64QAM, dual cells and MIMO enabled or not. Any messages we can find for example 64QAM enabled? or 21M license or dual cells or MIMO enable?

For 64QAM and MIMO, In Nemo Outdoor I found 64QAM sometimes indicated enabled. does it mean the 64QAM enabled for that cell or just enabled that session? My question the same for MINO.
================================

Parameter
1. Qualcomm

HSDPA MIMO
n/a

HSDPA MIMO rank 2 request ratio
n/a

HSDPA MIMO usage ratio
n/a

HSDPA 64QAM
enabled

HSDPA 64QAM (secondary)
n/a

Number of secondary HSDPA cells
n/a

===============================

for dual cells and 21M license, anyway to check by drive test tool?

I have Nemo outdoor 6 in hand to do the test. I also can borrow TEMS and Proble to do so.

Hope some body can help me.

Hi! All you need is Layer 3 Message "Radio Bearer Setup" where you can find IEs:

- dl-SecondaryCellInfoFDD
- dl-64QAM-Configured
- mimoParameters

Thanks and reps are appreciated.

edinburgh
2012-06-30, 11:36 AM
Hi! All you need is Layer 3 Message "Radio Bearer Setup" where you can find IEs:

- dl-64QAM-Configured
- mimoParameters

We need this kind of contribution.

It would be very nice if you can take the screenshot

Appreciated....

tomsg
2012-06-30, 01:15 PM

- dl-64QAM-Configured
- mimoParameters

dl-64QAM-Configured is in Radio Bear Setup. But other 2 parameters in both Radio Bearer Setup and Radio Bearer Reconfiguration but i found no such info.
We can find MIMO type infor in HSDPA Analysis in TEMS, HSDPA MIMO and 64QAM (secondary) in Nemo. If the network setup different nodeB to nodeB about dual cell, 64QAM and MIMO you need to collect the test and analyze with processing like actix, TD or nemo.

Jerry
2012-06-30, 10:18 PM
thanks for your answer,

Hi ninjafine and tom,

can you tell me how to check those with TD (TEMS Discovery?)
thanks for your answer anyway.

ninjafine
2012-06-30, 11:19 PM
We need this kind of contribution.

It would be very nice if you can take the screenshot

Appreciated....

Hi! Please find examples of Radio Bearer Setup for 64QAM, MIMO, Multi Carrier, Tx Diversity below.