PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE - Basic Formula

tukangoptim
2012-06-25, 01:35 PM
Hi experts,
i'm really new at LTE and trying to check some basic stats , hope u dont mind help me with few q below:

- what is the difference between X2 and S1 Handover Success Rate ? in practical and theory.
- need some formula how u calculate these kpi's: X2 HOSR, S1 HOSR, Throughput, Average CQI, DL Traffic, MCS Rate.
- how many type of throughput we have here in LTE and what are the difference ? I tried getting by dividing thrp.bit/thrp.time seems result is too small.

appreaciate your idea. :)

huawei equipment.

rgds,

tukangoptim
2012-06-27, 06:56 PM
hola..,
its so quite here can anyone give some hints ?

:)

tukangoptim
2012-06-30, 06:02 AM
where all the expert gone ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

topoffenders
2012-07-27, 04:32 AM
what is the difference between X2 and S1 Handover Success Rate ? in practical and theory

X2 and S1 is two different Protocol, if you have X2 interface, than the HO can be done directly between Enode B, else it will need S1 involvement (Core Ntwk)

sofianonline
2013-03-19, 06:51 PM
HO S1 will be used if:
- No X2 interface between the two eNodeBs
- Configured to initiate handover towards a particular target eNodeB via the S1 interface

If X2 configured, it will be used.
The advantages are:
- The handover is directly performed between two eNodeBs
- Make the preparation phase quick- Data forwarding may be operated per bearer in order to minimize data loss
- The MME is only informed at the end of the handover procedure
* once the handover is successful
* in order to trigger the path switch
- The release of resources at the source side is directly triggered from the target eNodeBNo difference KPI between HOS X2 or S1 depend on what you set.

No difference KPI between X2 and S1, depend on what you set.

In LTE there are 3 types of HO (exclude IRAT):
IntraFreqHOOut SR = IntraFreqHOOutSuccess/IntraFreqHOOutAttempt x 100%
InterFreqHOOut SR = InterFreqHOOutSuccess/InterFreqHOOutAttempt x 100%
HOIn SR = HOInSuccess/HOInAttempt x 100% --> HO Intra ENODEB

According to the signaling process in 3GPP TS 36.331, eNodeB statistics
(1) Handover success rate = Number of handovers/Number of handover attempts x 100%
(2) Number of handover attempts: indicates the number of eNodeB-transmitted RRCConnectionReconfiguration messages for handovers.
(3) Number of handovers: indicates the number of eNodeB-received RRCConnectionReconfigurationComplete messages for handovers.

totahzin
2013-06-21, 02:52 PM
i cant download the file