PDA

View Full Version : Question Multi NRT RAB

Mdaf
2012-06-20, 07:28 AM
Hello, can anyone please tell me when the NRT MULTI RAB took place? I still can't understand when is this happen, is it something like requesting FTP download while doing streaming or what?
Thanks in advance.

wolverine
2012-06-20, 07:51 AM
Typically you need this when you want to have multiple PDP contexts at the same time. So if you have a device than needs to access services over different APNs at the same time you will need NRT multi-RAB. Typical applications is where a device (eg blackberry) has an APN towards some private network and at the same time you want to use a diffent APN towards the internet.

nupong
2012-06-20, 09:11 PM
Dear,

As I understood, you may need to perform multi-PS RAB based on
1. Multiple Primary PDP Context - different PDP address and different APN
2. One Primary PDP Context with multiple Secondary PDP Context - Reused PDP address and same APN with different QoS

Which you may need to check with SGSN guy which mode supported

As i've got information from my SGSN vendor (Huawei), SGSN9810 V900R010C2SPC300 can support both method

In simplest way to test is to use APNs correspond to internet, FTP or MMS

Hope it could help you to get some idea ^__^

Mdaf
2012-06-21, 05:35 AM
From what I know and please correct me if I'm wrong this case shouldnt happen for USB modems since there is only one AP at a time? And for mobiles this should happen only in BlackBerry because again from what I know BB use more than AP one for Internet and the other for black berry services.

Mdaf
2012-06-21, 05:37 AM
Hello what does it mean to have different PDP address, could you please give an example from user point of view