PDA

View Full Version : Regarding RNTI

Gaara
2012-06-15, 05:34 PM
Hi all,
I am a beginner in LTE. I was going through RACH procedure and found a RA_RNTI. When i went in detail about RNTI's, there are Many RNTI's i found and i have learnt that these RNTI's are assigned by eNB for the UE. My doubt is when are they assigned?

Thanks.

nupong
2012-06-15, 05:52 PM
Basically, you've got TMSI/P-TMSI in idle mode and you have series of RNTI in dedicated mode ^_^

Gaara
2012-06-15, 05:56 PM
Hi nupong,
Can you tell me why i would need this TMSI/P-TMSI, Is this used for MIB,SIB decoding or any other purpose?

Thanks

SCHERIFFHELMY
2012-06-15, 06:01 PM
Dear
The RNTI is a parameter known since 3G THe Service RNC assign every UE RNTI and also CNTI
fOR cELL AND ue so when Transport channel multiplexing needed on the IUR and IU
Every UE RAB could be identified , you can trace RNTI according to equipment type
what is your eNodeb type

Gaara
2012-06-15, 06:26 PM
Hi SCHERIFFHELMY (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?5543-SCHERIFFHELMY),
Since i started with LTE 2 weeks back, i could not understand some words in the reply.. like IUR, Transport channel multiplexing..
As far as i knew about RNTI, eNB assigns different ones at different points. but i want to know when exactly.. say during RAR procedure, RA-RNTi is calculated by both UE and eNB.

Thanks..

nupong
2012-06-15, 06:51 PM
Hi nupong,
Can you tell me why i would need this TMSI/P-TMSI, Is this used for MIB,SIB decoding or any other purpose?

Thanks

Hi Gaara,

TMSI/P-TMSI used to hide the true identity of subscribers that's why it called (Packet) Temporary Mobile Subscriber Identity