PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify to me why my uploads fail?

telcobkk
2012-06-15, 03:19 PM
Hello.

I am new to this forum and, from what I have understood, one need to post content in ordert to gain reputation.
Today I wanted to upload some files of interest in relevant forums but there seem to be some sort of upload limit (which isn't specified anywhere I can see) that prevents me from upload interesting stuff which is obviously not small files.

What is the solution to this? Split into multi-files archives? Use some external cloud storage and post the links? Ask a moderator for special privileges? Upload only small text files?

Thanks for your clarifications.

stilloboy
2012-06-16, 01:58 AM
Hello.I am new to this forum and, from what I have understood, one need to post content in ordert to gain reputation.Today I wanted to upload some files of interest in relevant forums but there seem to be some sort of upload limit (which isn't specified anywhere I can see) that prevents me from upload interesting stuff which is obviously not small files.What is the solution to this? Split into multi-files archives? Use some external cloud storage and post the links? Ask a moderator for special privileges? Upload only small text files?Thanks for your clarifications.On the contrary, all allowed file extensions have their size limits. You can get this info under the section - "Manage attachments". For example, the .zip and .7z files are both limited to 4.77MB.

telcobkk
2012-06-16, 02:27 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I find it a bit illogical to limit upload size on a site that wants to encourage uploads.

echomoon
2012-06-16, 03:25 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I find it a bit illogical to limit upload size on a site that wants to encourage uploads.

hi telcobkk....welcome

its very logical issue to limit file size in attachments....imagine that every members upload their stuff(my attachemnt size about 285MB, others attaches more than me ) directly to the fourm!!!!the DB must in GB^x to fulfill the requierd space......imagine if every website can handle his own files ...then Rapidshare,4Shared,Meadiafire,..etc must close thier doors :)

br
echomoon

br

telcobkk
2012-06-16, 03:30 AM
So what you are saying is that I should upload big files to a cloud storage like rapidshare, etc.

Thanks.

echomoon
2012-06-16, 08:03 AM
4shared is recomended is it easy access/20 second delay no ads banners .....
u still able to wirar a small part or two (limitted to 4.77MB for each)to gain some credits
i dont know what credits new system says..... some clarification from Admin may reveal clouds ..

br
echomoon