PDA

View Full Version : LTE deployment 15MHz or 5 MHz

jbada
2012-06-08, 10:51 PM
Hi all,

i would like to know the comment of the forum about but it is the best deployment strategy for one operator that it has a bandwidth of 15MHz at 700MHz.
There are 2 options
a) Deploy for each sector 15 MHz
b) Split the BW in subchannels of 5MHz per sector. 5MHz different per sector

I would really appreciate your comments

Thanks

aubidamax
2012-06-08, 11:36 PM
Hi all,

i would like to know the comment of the forum about but it is the best deployment strategy for one operator that it has a bandwidth of 15MHz at 700MHz.
There are 2 options
a) Deploy for each sector 15 MHz
b) Split the BW in subchannels of 5MHz per sector. 5MHz different per sector

I would really appreciate your comments

Thanks

hi jbada i hope this useful for you....

RF carrier allocation

NSN recommendations

• A frequency re-use pattern of 1 should be used for LTE
• Indoor solutions and micro cells should be allocated the same RF carrier as the
macro cell network.

Background

LTE has been designed to use channel bandwidths of 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz. RF
carrier allocation involves identifying the center frequencies for the RF channels serving
an eNode B. In general, operators are limited by the quantity of spectrum allocated by
the national regulator. For example, a 15 MHZ spectrum may be allocated to an operator
for LTE. The operator has to decide whether to deploy LTE with a narrow channel bandwidth
and an increased frequency re-use pattern, or a wide channel bandwidth and a
decreased frequency re-use pattern. These two strategies are illustrated in Figure
45 Example RF carrier allocation strategies[1].

The first strategy is based upon a re-use pattern of 3. This allows each cell to achieve
relatively high SINR because levels of intercell interference are reduced by the frequency
domain isolation. However, each cell is limited to 1/3 of the total allocated
spectrum so the peak throughputs are limited. The second strategy is based upon a reuse
pattern of 1, which results in increased levels of intercell interference but allows
each cell to use the full allocated spectrum. Simulations have shown that the spectrum
efficiency of the second strategy is significantly greater than that of the first strategy[1].

Reference :
[1] NSN

jbada
2012-06-08, 11:52 PM
Hi Aubidamax,

Thank you for your comments.

I only have a question for your. How did they calculate the Sector throughput for 5Mhz Reuse 3?

I did the calculation and I got only 3Mbps per sector

Thanks

aubidamax
2012-06-09, 12:03 AM
Hi Aubidamax,

Thank you for your comments.

I only have a question for your. How did they calculate the Sector throughput for 5Mhz Reuse 3?

I did the calculation and I got only 3Mbps per sector

Thanks

from simulation case ..and simulation parameters are:

ISD=500m,2.1 GHz, 3-sector hexagonal layout, 1TX at eNB, 2RX at UE (MRC), EPA05, NSN RRM specific scheduler,10% BLER target, 10 UEs per sector (full buffer; 100% load), RF parameters according to [3GPP TR25.814]..

tripoliguy
2012-06-09, 05:26 AM
Hi dear
Can you upload the whole document..

hi jbada i hope this useful for you....

RF carrier allocation

NSN recommendations

• A frequency re-use pattern of 1 should be used for LTE
• Indoor solutions and micro cells should be allocated the same RF carrier as the
macro cell network.

Background

LTE has been designed to use channel bandwidths of 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz. RF
carrier allocation involves identifying the center frequencies for the RF channels serving
an eNode B. In general, operators are limited by the quantity of spectrum allocated by
the national regulator. For example, a 15 MHZ spectrum may be allocated to an operator
for LTE. The operator has to decide whether to deploy LTE with a narrow channel bandwidth
and an increased frequency re-use pattern, or a wide channel bandwidth and a
decreased frequency re-use pattern. These two strategies are illustrated in Figure
45 Example RF carrier allocation strategies[1].

The first strategy is based upon a re-use pattern of 3. This allows each cell to achieve
relatively high SINR because levels of intercell interference are reduced by the frequency
domain isolation. However, each cell is limited to 1/3 of the total allocated
spectrum so the peak throughputs are limited. The second strategy is based upon a reuse
pattern of 1, which results in increased levels of intercell interference but allows
each cell to use the full allocated spectrum. Simulations have shown that the spectrum
efficiency of the second strategy is significantly greater than that of the first strategy[1].

Reference :
[1] NSN

labviewlover
2012-06-09, 01:02 PM
please upload the whole document.

thanks