PDA

View Full Version : Measurement Control

tek74
2012-06-08, 09:38 AM
Hi experts

I can not find what triggers the sending of a "measurement control" message from UTRAN to UE for interfrequency measurement.
Does any one knows how it is triggered ?
The issue is that i can see many "measurement control" messages for interfrequency sent from UTRAN to the UE during drive test but thresholds are setup in such a way that interfrequency handover nearly never occured. I would like to stop the UTRAN to send these useless "measurement control" messages. Because of this i have tons of Event 2F measurement reports sent by UE for nothing.
Hope it makes sense...

Many thanks,
TEK.

wolverine
2012-06-08, 04:37 PM
If you have different 2d/2f thresholds across your cells then every time you perform a handover from one cell to another the UTRAN needs to update the UE via a Measurement Control. Is the UE static or mobile in the scenario you describe?

In terms of reporting, the UE can report based on an event (i.e. a threshold being exceeded) or periodically. Which one are you using in your network?

tek74
2012-06-09, 12:08 AM
Thanks.
I have same 2d/2f threshold across my cells but UTRAN keep sending measurement control anyway.
The UE report is periodically but i changed the periodical timer to a much larger value and i keep having all these measurement controls.

jayk
2012-06-09, 12:32 AM
2F Measurement Control Message can not be stopped, there is no way to avoid 2F measurement control message. Periodically Timer change is not of help in this case.

tek74
2012-06-12, 09:14 AM
UE is mobile but i don't understand what is triggering the sending of a measurement control message from the UTRAN to the UE because it seems not to be related with another event or periodical...
So when does the UTRAN decide to send an interfrequency measurement control to the UE ?
Another weird thing with Huawei is that the UTRAN always send 2 measurement control messages in a row: One with the RSCP threshold for compressed mode and another one with the Ec/Io threshold for compressed mode. As a consequence to this, the UE reply with 2 measurement reports exactly identical. It seems useless signalisation traffic for me...

agenov
2012-06-12, 07:04 PM
Hi mate,

below are my comments.hope u gonna get the point

BR
Alex

I can not find what triggers the sending of a "measurement control" message from UTRAN to UE for interfrequency measurement.
Does any one knows how it is triggered ? After RRC or RAB setup phase

The issue is that i can see many "measurement control" messages for interfrequency sent from UTRAN to the UE during drive test but thresholds are setup in such a way that interfrequency handover nearly never occured. I would like to stop the UTRAN to send these useless "measurement control" messages. Because of this i have tons of Event 2F measurement reports sent by UE for nothing -> this is how the system works and any change toward other direction is wrong. U will see many times 2F as feedback from a UE but this is more or less 3GPP issue than Huawei.Disabling of InterFrequency measurements is something u must forgot and is not recommendable at all!

Many thanks,
TEK.[/QUOTE]

Leon@rdo
2012-06-20, 12:32 AM
Hi,

did you check if the e2d & e2f threshold are configured at cell level? ..maybe you can try to set the e2d & e2f threshold only at RNC level.

ciao
Leo