PDA

View Full Version : Question Cell HS throughput calculation and IP transmission Througputh

kadir
2012-06-06, 11:37 PM
Hi All;

firstly i just need confirmation about below;

-VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput counter is explained in huawei specs as Mean throughput per Ue but in the explanation of the counter it does not make sense which is;

When the data is transferred to an HSDPA serving cell, the RNC measures the data transfer time of all the UEs and the total bytes sent in the cell. At the end of the measurement period, the RNC divides the total bytes by the total data transfer time to obtain the mean downlink throughput of MAC-d flow in the cell. The RLC header and the retransmitted data are excluded.

what do you think?

another one is;

for the cell throughput calculation; huawei says that, HS Cell throughput=VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput*VS.HSDPA.Mean.Ue

how about this? i calculate from this formula, it is giving me 60Mbps per Node-B but, when i compare with the IP tranmission throughput, i can not see the values that i got from the formula, i see maximum throughput 24Mbps in IP side(

so, why it does not matching with the formula? and if the formula is wrong and the IP stats is true, why we dont have higher throughput in the IP tranmission, even if we have 1GE IP capacity per Node-B.

info for the network;

Huawei
HSPA+ Activated
RAN11
No congestion on CE
No congestion on Power
No congestion on Code.

Ue catagories that we have in the network:
Release 5 7 10 16-QAM 0.75 7.2
Release 5 8 10 16-QAM 0.76 7.2
Release 5 9 15 16-QAM 0.7 10.1
Release 5 10 15 16-QAM 0.97 14

counter that i used for the IP throughput:
67204698 VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.TXRATE
67204699 VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.TX
67204700 VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.PEAK.RXRATE
67204701 VS.IPPATH.IPLAYER.MEAN.RX

I am waiting for any idea for the discussion, please give your valuable oppinion for this case, i really need it.

br
kadir

kadir
2012-06-06, 11:57 PM
By the way; forgot to mention throughput values are in hourly based

kadir
2012-06-07, 12:27 AM
come on! any idea?

kadir
2012-06-07, 01:07 AM
there should be someone can give spotlight for this to me....:(

jayk
2012-06-07, 06:19 AM
VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput is Mean Throughput of one HSDPA User and it is quite logical. Try by taking some numerical values for different users and calculate. This formula is perfect.

The 2nd formula is hypothetical, it is not mentioned anywhere in Huawei documentations but used in some networks for general understanding. Huawei's official documentation prescribes this formula for HSDPA Cell Throughput Calculation.
Mean HSDPA Cell Throughput within RNC approximately:
HSDPA Cell Throughput (RNC Cell)= VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes*8/{SP*60}/1000;
Whereas:
•SP is the Statistic Period with the unit of Minute;
•The KPI maybe not accurate under the condition: there is no HSDPA User executes data transferring for a while during the total measurement period. Therefore, the KPI should be evaluated at busy hour for better accuracy.

Regards, jack.

kadir
2012-06-07, 05:47 PM
Hi jayk;

thanks for your comments, how about other question, when i calculate the hs cell throughput from that formula, it does not match with the IP transmission side throughput, normally it should match right? if it is not what is the logic behind that?

thanks
kadir

kadir
2012-06-07, 07:52 PM
waiting for more comments.....

jayk
2012-06-08, 05:11 AM
Your formula for calculating the Cell throughput is not correct so it does not match with the IP layer throughput.

ali.benc
2012-11-28, 04:26 AM
Dear all,

I think that the counter vs.hsdpa.MeanChThroughput is giving the throughput over the MAC-d Layer and your are trying to compare the IP throughput which is layer 3 throughput.
you may need to calculate to remove the header throughput so you compare the throughput on the same level. hope you understand me.

Ali

Please Quote if you find interesting

javiersapon
2012-11-28, 06:14 AM
Hi kadir,

If you are using the formula that Jack suggest, then what is wrong is your IuB calculations.

Cell Throughput formula:
HSDPA Cell Throughput (RNC Cell)= VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes*8/{SP*60}/1000;

For IuB Calculations from the RNC side, you have to be very shure where is the HSPA service bearing, if not very shure better use the NodeB IuB Counters. You put the IP counters for IPPATH, so I assume the IuB for your NodeB is over IP. Then use this formula:

IuB bandwith (kbps) = VS.IPDLAvgUsed.1 + VS.IPDLAvgUsed.2 + VS.IPDLAvgUsed.3 + VS.IPDLAvgUsed.4

The main reason you can't use "Cell throughput=VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput*VS.HSDPA.Mean.Ue" is becuase the counter HSDPA.MeanChThroughput take in consideration the time the HSDPA user have data traffic activity. Actually that counter was updated after RAN10. Before RAN10 that counter was wrong and the formula you mentioned was correct.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Javier.