PDA

View Full Version : Question BCCH happens two or more from Actix/TEMS

tomsg
2012-05-31, 07:19 PM
I used Actix (and TEMS too) and it showed that the same BCCH/BSIC happen in two rows with different RxLev (see picture). Anyone know what is it? Is it possible MS received and decoded two different BCCH?

Jerry
2012-06-01, 01:11 AM
I also found the same when I open actix. Do you think the multi path like CDMA system?

ergin
2012-06-02, 04:09 AM
hi,

if your bcch frequency is in your active list at the same time, you can see this situation..

bino
2012-06-02, 05:40 AM
hi,

if your bcch frequency is in your active list at the same time, you can see this situation..

Hi,

I think so too. For the picture below, i think there's only one BCCH 1009 (serving + neighbor).

magno22
2012-06-04, 12:50 PM
I used Actix (and TEMS too) and it showed that the same BCCH/BSIC happen in two rows with different RxLev (see picture). Anyone know what is it? Is it possible MS received and decoded two different BCCH?

Dears i have same problem. But i use Genex Probe.

tomsg
2012-06-04, 03:06 PM
Thanks Ergin and Bino,

so do you think are they co-channel interference?

magno22
2012-06-04, 05:03 PM
Thanks Ergin and Bino,

so do you think are they co-channel interference?

They dont have co-channel interference and nearby only one configured cell like.

chefo2068
2012-06-04, 08:25 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't got enough reputation to see the picture, but I can share the experience I've got: When in the neighbor list there is a neighbor with the same BCCH frequency, it will show both as serving and neighbor cell, and if your TCH is not on the BCCH frequency (i.e. power controlled) the measurement will show lower levels, hence the difference. I've seen this before, removing the useless co-BCCH neighbor fixes the problem.