PDA

View Full Version : cell camping on other network provider problem?

echomoon
2012-05-28, 01:29 AM
Dear all need ur help plz:

i had few cells @ country border facing this problem: a normal MS user select(when phone in Automatic mode) the cell of nieghbour Country cells
some times even when use Manual search i cant select my own network provider ....any one had faced such problem...any suggestion to solve it?

note:2G NSN

thanks in advance

bawbag11
2012-05-28, 01:59 AM
Large difference in network timing between two networks?

Whats the error message on the phone when manually register with home network after amped on neighbour country cell?

echomoon
2012-05-28, 02:06 AM
MSG is "No network access"
BTW roaming enabled @ home network to the other neighbour counrty network provider

thanks

bawbag11
2012-05-29, 06:20 AM
Interesting, Seen some issues where phone will camp on foreign network but when manually search it does not find the home network but this was timing. If your getting no network access and the radio is good then the problem has to be farther down the line, possibly HLR? You would need to use a drive test kit / handset and find the rejection reason. If you have field test phone, force it to the home network BCCH / UARFCN+SC to see what the radio is like. At least you have evidence to beat core guys with.

In any case good luck.;)

echomoon
2012-05-29, 07:34 AM
a DT team went to the scene ....found normal indication of Quality/Rxlev .strange thing that few brands of ME thats had this Problem
Samsung,LG phones R most effected ... even in manualy mode Our Operator didnt appear in the effected ME!!!

i must be sure to report that the problem is ouside RF responsiblity....any new idea?

thanks in advance

deknoi55
2012-05-31, 02:34 AM
check PLMN or CNOPGRPINDEX on that cell

srilasitha
2012-06-01, 07:55 PM
Normally for a operator SIM first priority given to home network even if roaming is enabled and signal strength is above -85dbm.

please check the signal strength is above -85dbm

for idle measurement ARFCN list remove the other country ARFCNs if possible

idle measurement -- enable only NCC permitted value for home network

if you have preferred roaming agreement with the other country operator , ask core network engineers how they configure the other country operator priority. may be a wrong configuration there

freakturd06
2012-06-01, 10:24 PM
Anybody has document regarding roaming within operators in one country?