PDA

View Full Version : NSN 2G L3 tracing

m121
2012-05-22, 09:30 PM
Hi,
I am in need for your help: Can anybody, please, explain how L3 Signalling Message tracing for Subscribers are done in NSNs 2G network? Particularly in BSS part. I am not able to find any useful information regarding this.
For 3G L3 they have Megamon, but for 2G? Only Traffica?

PS. Oh, God, how I miss Siemens and it's tools :'(

m121
2012-05-25, 03:17 PM
Anyone?
How do you then investigate problems on L3? Please, don't tell me that only with TEMS!

gismen
2012-06-23, 01:53 AM
May be you can try NetAct TraceViewer.

khurrambilal01
2012-06-23, 04:35 AM
Actually as per my experience NSN has very limited traces available the only one is Traffica and one trace for user level on core interface, I have 5 years exp with NSN, Now i am working with Huawei/ZTE and i have so many options to have traces on any interface starting from Um, ABIS, A interface, GB interface, CS trace, PS trace, User trace, USer UL/DL Rx levl and Qual, UL interference trace etc etc,
And believe me it's so easy to work on Huawei and ZTE as compared with NSN.

senjamir
2012-06-23, 05:00 AM
Hi,

When i was working with Nokia way back. We are using a third party software like Agilent protocol analyzer or Nethawk Analyzer. But there are more advance software client that can help you trace but its very expensive like Astellia. All of the mentioned products need hardware in gathering information so you need to maximize the result that you can get from traffica and a DT equipment.