PDA

View Full Version : BO XI 3.1 / Problem about templates

bigorbi
2012-05-21, 11:26 PM
Hello everyone.

I want to hear your opinions about 1 problem which i'm facing for a long time. Right now , i'm working on E******* network (2G and 3G)and for analyzing statistics we are using Business Objects XI 3.1... The problem is that whenever we create a template at first , all of them works really fine. They are working very fast. For example i'm running a template for 20 cells and it's giving me basic KPIs like TCH congestion , TCH drop , SDCCH drop , HO success rate statistics with their graphics in less than 1 minute. But after some time passes , it starts to slow down every day. And now even when i run for 2 cells , it's giving me results in around 2-3 minutes. When i'm going from 1 cell's graphic to another , it waits too much.

My question is if anyone knows why this problem is happening ? And how can i solve it ? Maybe i need to change some setting on BO or BO servers. Or maybe there is something wrong with universe.

Could you please share your opinions with me. I'll be really appreciated to hear every advice.

Thanks in advance.

mashi123
2012-05-22, 01:27 PM
try to change the fetching size in the universe to max value

bigorbi
2012-05-22, 02:12 PM
try to change the fetching size in the universe to max value

Thanks for your answer. But how can i change this value ?

auto_art
2012-05-22, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone.

I want to hear your opinions about 1 problem which i'm facing for a long time. Right now , i'm working on E******* network (2G and 3G)and for analyzing statistics we are using Business Objects XI 3.1... The problem is that whenever we create a template at first , all of them works really fine. They are working very fast. For example i'm running a template for 20 cells and it's giving me basic KPIs like TCH congestion , TCH drop , SDCCH drop , HO success rate statistics with their graphics in less than 1 minute. But after some time passes , it starts to slow down every day. And now even when i run for 2 cells , it's giving me results in around 2-3 minutes. When i'm going from 1 cell's graphic to another , it waits too much.

My question is if anyone knows why this problem is happening ? And how can i solve it ? Maybe i need to change some setting on BO or BO servers. Or maybe there is something wrong with universe.

Could you please share your opinions with me. I'll be really appreciated to hear every advice.

Thanks in advance.

i think u need to optimize your templates.

bigorbi
2012-05-22, 05:40 PM
i think u need to optimize your templates.

Strange part is , for example i created a template 1 month ago and i shared that template with my friend. He didn't use it at all , it was just staying in his computer. Today i made a comparison and here is the result ;

I run this template for 8 days on the same cells (10 cells). And after that i saved it. Also i did same cells with same days in my template which i was using for 1 month. I saved it too.

When i check the sizes of these 2 templates , my template is 3.77 MB but my friend's template is 3.23 MB.

So what can be the reason of this increase even when i'm running same amount of data?