PDA

View Full Version : Question T300 & Treselection settings

engaom
2012-05-20, 02:00 AM
Dear Gents;

Just I have a question related to the settings of T300 and Treselection, I'm confused regading both scenarios 1 & 2:

Scenario 1: If T300 (2 sec) > Treselection (default 1 sec)

This means that cell reselection may occur during call setup, so the RRC_CONNECTION_Setup will be received on the new cell, What this will effect the CALL_SETUP_SUCCESS_RATE on old cells?

Scenario 2: If T300 (1 sec) < Treselection (2 sec)

This means that call_setup will occur at high interference environment .Is this setting has better effect on CALL_SETUP_SUCCESS on old cell.

Please advise

Thanks

regfaycat
2012-05-20, 03:39 AM
Dear Gents;

Just I have a question related to the settings of T300 and Treselection, I'm confused regading both scenarios 1 & 2:

Scenario 1: If T300 (2 sec) > Treselection (default 1 sec)

This means that cell reselection may occur during call setup, so the RRC_CONNECTION_Setup will be received on the new cell, What this will effect the CALL_SETUP_SUCCESS_RATE on old cells?

Scenario 2: If T300 (1 sec) < Treselection (2 sec)

This means that call_setup will occur at high interference environment .Is this setting has better effect on CALL_SETUP_SUCCESS on old cell.

Please advise

Thanks

Hi! engaom,

The answer for your question in scenario 1 is Yes.
Not only the T300 but also N300 parameters will affect the retransmission of RRC_CONNECTION_REQUEST, so in the scenario 2, the T300 setting might not assure that the cell reselection doesn't occur during the RRC setup procedure. You need to consider both parameters to reduce the reselection in question.

mout94
2012-05-23, 09:27 PM
Hi,

please find the definition of timer T300: is the time between t0, time of sending RRC cx request and t1, time of receiving the RRC Cx Setup from RNC.
T300= 2 x RTT + (RNC_message_processing_time) + N381*T381 with N381=number of retransmission of RRC Cx Setup and T381, the timer between retransmission.

More details can be given if needed ;-)
BR,

Don't forget Reputation!!!