PDA

View Full Version : Question power per carrier

rimoucha
2012-05-19, 11:39 PM
please, i would know the impact of changing the power in cell 3G (30W,20W,15W) when i add new carrier in number of users , congestion due of power, congestion in codes .

ninjafine
2012-05-20, 01:26 AM
Hi! Please specify what is your challenge? Do you mean you are thinking of adding new carrier but with decreased power?
If so, attachment from thread below may help.
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?27240-40W-per-carrier-pros-and-cons

(http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?27240-40W-per-carrier-pros-and-cons)Thanks and reps are appreciated.

rimoucha
2012-05-20, 02:14 AM
thak you, but i need to know the impact of number of users and if will generate power congestion or no.have you any doc about this.

ninjafine
2012-05-20, 03:42 AM
thak you, but i need to know the impact of number of users and if will generate power congestion or no.have you any doc about this.
Since all users are shared between carriers you will have less users on old carriers so there shouldn't be any problem. Other thing if you can't allocate additional power for
new carrier and have to decrease power for old carriers. Here might be a problem and it depends on traffic type (e.g. you have a lot of GBR users, signalling and etc.), frequency sharing strategy and etc.
Usually traffic per RBS increases after new carrier addition, so you have to add power in order to have the same ratio of power per carrier as before. I wouldn't recommend <=10 W per carrier but it depends
on traffic type and volume.

Thanks and reps are appreciated.

rimoucha
2012-05-21, 12:39 AM
thank , i must reduce the initial power of the first carrier and divide of the new carriers, so i would study the imact of reducing power of number of users in each new carrier . have you any doc about that?

ninjafine
2012-05-22, 03:43 AM
thank , i must reduce the initial power of the first carrier and divide of the new carriers, so i would study the imact of reducing power of number of users in each new carrier . have you any doc about that?

Hi! Since number of users depends on many factors i've seen only examples from capacity study calculations.
Here just an example. Anyway you can reduce PCPICH power accordingly if something goes wrong.