PDA

View Full Version : Optimi-X Prediction (AFP)

venom
2009-02-03, 06:43 AM
Hello Guys,

I want to know if anyone has used the Optimi-X (AFP) here and tried to import the AIRCOM ASSET Prediction in it? If yes then please tell me how to generate the map file for the prediction.

I have tried to generate the NodeB report from ASSET v6.0 but unfortunately the headers are not supported by Optimi 5.0.3.

NodeB report is usually for 3G technology i guess, can anyone guide me how to import the ASSET pathloss predictions for 2G technology in Optimi-X AFP?

Thanks

besoeso
2009-02-08, 04:59 AM
Hello Guys,

I want to know if anyone has used the Optimi-X (AFP) here and tried to import the AIRCOM ASSET Prediction in it? If yes then please tell me how to generate the map file for the prediction.

I have tried to generate the NodeB report from ASSET v6.0 but unfortunately the headers are not supported by Optimi 5.0.3.

NodeB report is usually for 3G technology i guess, can anyone guide me how to import the ASSET pathloss predictions for 2G technology in Optimi-X AFP?

Thanks

¿Can you upload Optimi-X AFP installer?

A greeting.

Besoeso.

raedsab
2009-02-08, 05:26 AM
I'm uploading the installer

rnpopt
2009-02-08, 05:35 AM
@besoeso I have uploaded the installer
thanx.
where to get the license for it? :(

GSM_Huawei
2009-02-13, 01:51 AM
please upload Optimi-X Prediction (AFP) part1.I can't download it
http://rapidshare.com/files/195256405/Optimi_x-AFP.part1.rar.html
thanks.

clive
2009-02-13, 02:40 AM
Pl post on 4share.com etc or crate a Free Collectors account on RS.

Both links are dead on RS

hassen
2009-02-13, 06:10 AM
Hello Guys,

Thanks
hi my friend
from my experience with atoll
1 make pathloss prediction
2 import result to optimx
2 make interference matrix prediction from optimix
and according to your data base radio parameter like frequence ho attempt traffic
neighbor....you can make automatic optimization as result hardware optimization recommendation or new frequency plan according to your strategy and you don't
need prediction to export it to optimix for this task.
if you have e******* equipement you have many possibility
import cna file about data from OSS ,and ICDM file ie mesurement interference from fas ,and i think you can do the same with nokia and another vendors
br hassen

uel888
2009-02-13, 11:14 AM
@besoeso I have uploaded the installer

Link is dead :-(

raedsab
2009-02-13, 03:39 PM
I have uploaded the installer to 4shared

Processor
2009-02-13, 05:56 PM
@ Raedsab,

Please could u kindly share the link to 4shared.....BTW do the AFP results comeout clean(i.e less co and adjacent interfernce issues) cos i still have those issues with A9155(variety from ATOLL)

raedsab
2009-02-13, 07:51 PM
@Processor, here are the links
http://www.4shared.com/file/87437056/924af641/Optimi_x-AFPpart1.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/87437264/54ed10c0/Optimi_x-AFPpart2.html

raedsab
2009-03-04, 06:07 AM
Can anyone share his experience/Results in using Optimi-X Prediction (AFP)

jhakim
2009-03-04, 07:13 PM
is the license includes?

Thanks in advance,

venom
2009-03-04, 07:53 PM
Can anyone share his experience/Results in using Optimi-X Prediction (AFP)

Dear bruv,

I have generated the interferers in optimi and used it in AFP, i didn't create the interference matrix as i wasn't successful in getting the ASSET prediction in Optimi-X.

The results were not that good honestly, i have retuned 1600 cells in which i found the discrepancy in almost 200+ Cells (head to head adjacents, co channel etc)

justdream
2009-03-04, 08:09 PM
who has training regarding this tool?

venom
2009-03-04, 08:16 PM
Dear Justdream

Believe me the Help provided with Optimi is superb !

If you have any Planning/Propogation/AFP tool experience then i am sure your concepts must be good enough to understand this tool through help !!

Cheers

basith.aces
2009-03-04, 09:39 PM
Dear Readsab

Do you have c***k of optimi-x

plz attached if you have....

thanks in advance
BR

raedsab
2009-03-04, 10:49 PM
Dear lccengr,
Optimi AFP can not import Prediction files from Asset 6.0, you can use Atoll, Optimi Wizzard 7.1.3 or Planet EV 4.
You need somthing else which is the key in generating a good Frequency Plan, it is the Mobile Measurement Reports MMR. Optimi is not like other AFP software which relies only on Predictions, it uses RF data like Scan Data (Strongest scanned ARFCN) and MMR and this what make this tool unique. The big issue is in collecting MMR data, for the whole network and importing it to Optimi AFP. If any body has any experiense / Tutorial in collecting MMR collection, please share it!

Dear bruv,

I have generated the interferers in optimi and used it in AFP, i didn't create the interference matrix as i wasn't successful in getting the ASSET prediction in Optimi-X.

The results were not that good honestly, i have retuned 1600 cells in which i found the disrepancy in almost 200+ Cells (head to head adjacents, co channel etc)

venom
2009-03-04, 11:37 PM
Yes bruv,

I know it, MMR is in E******* and i am working on a SIEMENS equipment

We need to activate the SCA which is again the downlink measurements

but unfortunately for 1600 cells i needed to implement the dummy neighbors which is again a big activity from BSS database point of view. I am not using this tool in my company but i have imported the project of ASSET in it and tried to play around and i really found it useful.

I don't understand why it can't take the ASSET prediction because it shows the option to me, can you please tell me what is the attached snapshot about?

venom
2009-03-04, 11:44 PM
I have also tried to use X-Wizard, unfortunately i was not able to import the ASSET MapData into it, even the PLANET GRD is not getting imported correctly in X-Wizard, see my post at the following link.

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=3082&highlight=wizard&page=4

(post 39)

raedsab
2009-03-05, 01:55 AM
-Optimi does not support Asset 6.0 till now. I tried Asset 5.0 files but the Optimi failed to load my NodeB Report !!.
- For MMR collection Optimi will supply you with the scripts to add dumy neighbors etc.. but as you said it is not an easy task, yet it is very important, that is why we need experienced databae engineers to share their knowledge in how to collect data in SIMENS, ********, NOKIA and ERRICSON BSS since the optimi help file has some missing steps and scripts.

-I managed to import Asset Heights and Clutter to wizard, see attached image.
You need to use MSi planet file type and select the index file as the filename and you need to include a planet projection file which contains the coordinate system of the terrain and clutter data and xWizard will convert the data to .ter and .clu files.

NILCTG
2009-03-05, 02:33 AM
hi my friend
from my experience with atoll
1 make pathloss prediction
2 import result to optimx
2 make interference matrix prediction from optimix
and according to your data base radio parameter like frequence ho attempt traffic
neighbor....you can make automatic optimization as result hardware optimization recommendation or new frequency plan according to your strategy and you don't
need prediction to export it to optimix for this task.
if you have e******* equipement you have many possibility
import cna file about data from OSS ,and ICDM file ie mesurement interference from fas ,and i think you can do the same with nokia and another vendors
br hassen

Hassen:

Can this shared one(for Asset) be used with ATOLL? Thanks.

venom
2009-03-05, 06:34 AM
Dear Raedsab,

Before trying to import the clutter and elevation of ASSET Mapdata in to Wizard, there is another problem which has arrised, i don't know how it arrived but maybe the Windows update has caused this error. I have tried re-installing the application but unfortunately x-wizard keep giving this error.

This is another bug found in Wizard now, i have reinstalled the .net framework, tried to install some hotfixes from microsoft windows but the problem persists. I guess the application is made in Visual C++ and it is having some bugs with the updated dlls, any comments?

-Optimi does not support Asset 6.0 till now. I tried Asset 5.0 files but the Optimi failed to load my NodeB Report !!.
- For MMR collection Optimi will supply you with the scripts to add dumy neighbors etc.. but as you said it is not an easy task, yet it is very important, that is why we need experienced databae engineers to share their knowledge in how to collect data in SIMENS, ********, NOKIA and ERRICSON BSS since the optimi help file has some missing steps and scripts.

-I managed to import Asset Heights and Clutter to wizard, see attached image.
You need to use MSi planet file type and select the index file as the filename and you need to include a planet projection file which contains the coordinate system of the terrain and clutter data and xWizard will convert the data to .ter and .clu files.

raedsab
2009-03-05, 06:46 AM
Dear lccengr,
I faced the same problem, but what i did is uninstall the application, delete all the Wizard folder in 'Program Files' and then install the application again, please give it a try!

venom
2009-03-05, 07:40 AM
I have tried it several times now, deleted the folder from program files, changed the directory but nothing happens

I have even restored the system to previous date but the problem persists, it is a serious bug in the wizard !

If anyone has the optimi support in the company then he can always raise this issue, thanks

venom
2009-03-06, 01:39 AM
ok i have disabled my antivirus and it worked for me, i don't know how but Wizard started !

Now, i have tried to load the elevation, and it gives me the success for elevation but when i try to display from the left panel, it gives me error that terrain is not loaded, see the 4 snapshots.

1. Interpolation of Elevation points is loaded and calculated !
2. The success message is popped for terrain data.
3. When i tried to display it give me an error "no terrain data
4. When i tried to import clutter, it said "Can't find the projection file"

I don't know what is wrong here raedsab

raedsab
2009-03-06, 04:51 AM
You need to include a projection file before converting the clutter files. The file is named projection without any extension and below is a sample of the content of the file where i use UTM Zone 56 Projection

WGS-84
UTM

venom
2009-03-06, 01:58 PM
Dear raedsab,

That answers 1 part of it, thanks

1. Do you have the projection file for 42N UTM (WGS84)?
2. What should i do with the elevation? It says it is loaded but i can't see Height, i cant even display it? Do you know the reason for it?

raedsab
2009-03-06, 08:46 PM
1- Your Projection file will look like
WGS-84
UTM

2- Put a projection file for the heights also and try to re-import the elevation data again

Regards

Dear raedsab,

That answers 1 part of it, thanks

1. Do you have the projection file for 42N UTM (WGS84)?
2. What should i do with the elevation? It says it is loaded but i can't see Height, i cant even display it? Do you know the reason for it?

venom
2009-03-07, 06:17 AM
1- Your Projection file will look like
WGS-84
UTM

2- Put a projection file for the heights also and try to re-import the elevation data again

Regards

Dear Bruv,

I have made the projection file (pls see the attachment) and i have also tried to load the terrain and clutter, it takes hell of time to process each of my bin files of ASSET but unfortunately when i tried to display it gave the same error?

I am using Wizard 7.1.4, if u want me to send you the MapData then let me know and i will send you the 10m resolution data of 1 city?

Note: I have data for 50m,100m,250m,500m,1000m for my country and 10m, 25m for some urban cities. I have tried to load the 50m data but there r approx 500 bin files. Luckily i didn't receive any error from clutter and elevation while importing !

venom
2009-03-07, 07:13 AM
Ok reply to my own question.

Guys the solution which raedsab told is correct, there is one more step in x-wizard.

Go to Edit --> Project

There you need to select the clutter and elevation, See the Snapshots :)

Dear raedsab,

Can we import the models too in x-Wizard??

raedsab
2009-03-07, 09:38 AM
I do not think so, You have to enter the propagation parameters manualy.
Click on Edit >> Parameters >> Propagation...
Choose a propgation model
Enter a new Name so you can edit the default parameters
Enter your parameters and click on OK
You are done!

Regards

raedsab
2009-03-09, 09:55 PM
@lccengr
I managed to import Asset 5 predictions files into Optimi without the need for NodeB Report.
The Trick is that you need to make a Mapping file which links the Asset file Prediction to the cellid in the AFP project.

The 8 number Asset file format is explained below:
projectnumber.userkey.modelkey.siteaddresskey.x-co-ordinate.y-co-ordinate.antenna_height.resolution.

raedsab
2009-03-09, 10:09 PM
I have attached a sample Asset - AFP Mapping file

Project Number = 1
userkey = 0
modelkey = 1547899
siteaddresskey = 1578854455
x-co-ordinate = ******
y-co-ordinate= *******
antenna_height = **
resolution = 50 m

venom
2009-03-10, 02:11 AM
Thank you bruv, u rock

There is another thing, Anyone who is using Optimi-X can export the channels in .wxp format and then create the project in X-Wizard, after that i am able to run the pathloss and export it..

But it is gr8 to load AIRCOM predictions in Optimi-X (AFP)

Now, where to find

Project Number = 1
userkey = 0
modelkey = 1547899
siteaddresskey = 1578854455

?????
I am using nempez *****, thanks

raedsab
2009-03-10, 03:04 AM
You need to have some database skills, Let us take this asset prediction filename as an example:

-Project Number =1, Open Oracle Database and goto table SITEADDRESS
This table contains the location of the all sites with longitude and latitude
values so now the table will give us the projectnumber, siteaddresskey, x-co-ordinate, y-co-ordinate.

- Now open CELLSITES table it links each site to the SITEADDRESS table by the ADDRESSKEY so now we have the SITEKEY for each site.

- Now open GSMCELL table where all cells are stored wih a link to the CELLSITES table with the field SITEKEY so now we will get the antenna_height for each cell (7 in our case)

-Project Number = 1 get the 1st number in the filename
-userkey = 0 , get the 2nd number in the filename
-modelkey = 1547899 it is the 3rd number in the file name
-resolution = 50 it is the Array resolution

I know it is not an easy task, but is it working .....

venom
2009-03-10, 03:16 AM
2-3 snapshots would help to get it from Oracle db, can u pls share it like u did before ?

raedsab
2009-03-10, 03:43 AM
2-3 snapshots would help to get it from Oracle db, can u pls share it like u did before ?

Have you worked with MS access databases!
If yes , make a new access 2000 / 2003 database and link the tables (AIRCOM_ANTENNA, AIRCOM_CELLSITES, AIRCOM_GSMCELL, AIRCOM_SITEADDRESS ) using ODBC driver and select the Oracle Database name (i.e ENT5). Make a new query that links the 4 tables together with the appropriate relationship.

Anyway i uploaded a template database!

Inception
2009-04-05, 05:26 AM
hi
can you tell me please how can i start ?
my venodr is e******* .how can i import e******* database ?
best regards
lavin

Ok reply to my own question.

Guys the solution which raedsab told is correct, there is one more step in x-wizard.

Go to Edit --> Project

There you need to select the clutter and elevation, See the Snapshots :)

Dear raedsab,

rasar00
2009-07-03, 05:39 PM
hi
can you tell me please how can i start ?
my venodr is e******* .how can i import e******* database ?
best regards
lavin

DEAR All can any one please help me with the optimi AFP . i followed the steps mentioned in the help but when i try to run the ACP or AFP i can find the technolgy band i am using so it tells me there is zero cells to optimiz

so how can i solve this problem
thank you all for your help in advance