PDA

View Full Version : Question Load Tems log with Actix

seedweb
2012-05-17, 05:48 PM
Hi Expert,
When i use actix to importing the Tems DT log,I found it so slowly,if there is someway can make it fast?
And,i have many part log file,but i cannot import to Actix at the same time.If i can load huge log file to actix at one time?How?

Thanks,
Seedweb

Rooster[BG]
2012-05-17, 06:29 PM
Dear seedweb,

Actix first scans TEMS logfiles and then loads them. That is why it takes more time than Nemo logs for example.

you can use this command on Windows 7 x64 (if you have 4G RAM or more): bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

This will give wright to Actix to use more memory which results of being able to load more logs.

You can try Repository or Network Image to load big amount of data.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

HowellWH
2012-05-18, 09:35 AM
Hi Rooster,
Can ur operation suitable for win7 X86 system?Thanks.
BR,
HowellWH

;180766']Dear seedweb,

Actix first scans TEMS logfiles and then loads them. That is why it takes more time than Nemo logs for example.

you can use this command on Windows 7 x64 (if you have 4G RAM or more): bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

This will give wright to Actix to use more memory which results of being able to load more logs.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

Rooster[BG]
2012-05-18, 03:32 PM
Hi HowellWH,

I use only XP for 32bit OS.

BR

Hi Rooster,
Can ur operation suitable for win7 X86 system?Thanks.
BR,
HowellWH

tomsg
2012-05-18, 04:25 PM
Hi Expert,
When i use actix to importing the Tems DT log,I found it so slowly,if there is someway can make it fast?
And,i have many part log file,but i cannot import to Actix at the same time.If i can load huge log file to actix at one time?How?

Thanks,
Seedweb

some ways I used:
1. use actix repository, filering only attribute you want
2. x64 OS, expand volume of logs.

Hope this help/

seedweb
2012-05-18, 04:49 PM
I saw a method in this forum before,like that:
How to load Files to Actix Faster:
Open windows registry from Run and write "regedit" ,then go to "There is a registry setting that allows limited modification of how this memory is handled: In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems key, look for the Windows value. There's a long string for this value that will look similar to this: %SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"
Just change 512 to 2048 and see the difference.

I don't know if this effective or not?and can i change 512 to 3072?

;180766']Dear seedweb,

BR,
Rooster[BG]

Rooster[BG]
2012-05-19, 03:15 AM
This sounds familiar.
My value is "...Windows SharedSection=1024,20480,768 Windows...".

I didn't found any improvement of bigger number than 768. Actix still can't load more data.

The bcdedit command I've shared is not specific to Actix, it works for all programs but it is not likely to need it for another app.
You can check this also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126962

BR,
Rooster[BG]

I saw a method in this forum before,like that:
How to load Files to Actix Faster:
Open windows registry from Run and write "regedit" ,then go to "There is a registry setting that allows limited modification of how this memory is handled: In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems key, look for the Windows value. There's a long string for this value that will look similar to this: %SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"
Just change 512 to 2048 and see the difference.

I don't know if this effective or not?and can i change 512 to 3072?