PDA

View Full Version : Single cell with two TGs

thewatcher
2012-05-16, 11:14 PM
Dear Experts,

In E******* GSM system, is it possible to configure one cell with two TGs?

Currently I have a cell on a single TG with two CHGR.
I would like to add another TG and to configure on CHGR per TG

Thanks

Bouizem
2012-05-17, 06:06 AM
Yes you can. you can configure CHGR-0 (1 TRX with the BCCH frequency) in TG 1 and anothe TRX in CHGR-1 in TG 201 for example.

You can configure as ma ny TGs in a cell as you want but: one TG can have the maximum of 16 TRX and 4 DIP. I hope that my answer will be helpful for you.

Best regards.

thewatcher
2012-05-17, 09:30 PM
Yes you can. you can configure CHGR-0 (1 TRX with the BCCH frequency) in TG 1 and anothe TRX in CHGR-1 in TG 201 for example.

You can configure as ma ny TGs in a cell as you want but: one TG can have the maximum of 16 TRX and 4 DIP. I hope that my answer will be helpful for you.

Best regards.

Bouizem,

Thank you for the answer, it was very helpful!

Would I need to change anything in the antenna connection or E1?
currently, the E1 and antenna cable go into the first cabinet, how do I add the second cabinet and which changes do I need to do?

If you can direct me to a document in Alex that can also be good.

Thanks

Bouizem
2012-05-18, 06:39 AM
Dear thewatcher

No you don't have to change anything in the antenna connection or E1. The configuration is done in the IDB.

Sorry I don't have any alex document wich describe the process. I will search for it and once I will find it I will give it to you.

peanut
2012-05-21, 02:09 AM
Yes you can. you can configure CHGR-0 (1 TRX with the BCCH frequency) in TG 1 and anothe TRX in CHGR-1 in TG 201 for example.You can configure as ma ny TGs in a cell as you want but: one TG can have the maximum of 16 TRX and 4 DIP. I hope that my answer will be helpful for you.Best regards.

Dear,

As far as I know the TG is a logical representation of the RBS, so how could be defined to TGs without having a second RBS?

regards,

thewatcher
2012-05-21, 04:27 AM
Dear,

As far as I know the TG is a logical representation of the RBS, so how could be defined to TGs without having a second RBS?

regards,

The configuration I suggested uses two cabinets not one.
As I know you can define only one TG per cabinet.

An interesting question, is it possible to define two TGs in one cabinet?