PDA

View Full Version : Question 3G Site all 1st carrier each sector Problem

arthenian11
2012-05-15, 11:37 PM
Hi Masters,

Please help...

I'm working in 3G project and I’m having problem with the sites that only 2nd carrier each sector can camp of my test phone and when I try to locked all the 2nd carrier of those sites my test phone camp I nearby 3G sites. We try to adjust the tx power of the radio, we try to remove and reload the NodeB and IUB script and we try to replace WBBP but no luck.

Any suggestion and solution is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.......

Budaxbaix
2012-05-16, 12:04 PM
Hi,

I think there are 2 possible causes:
1. Cell Reselection Parameter (UCELLSELRESEL), check this parameter in F1 & F2 cell
IDLESINTRASEARCH
CONNSINTRASEARCH
IDLESINTERSEARCH
CONNSINTERSEARCH
SSEARCHRAT
Higher setting will make it the first priority for cell reselection measurement for exp:

IDLESINTRASEARCH 5
CONNSINTRASEARCH 5
IDLESINTERSEARCH 4
CONNSINTERSEARCH 4
SSEARCHRAT 2

QQUALMIN -18

With value above then UE will start measurement when current cell Ec/No = 5*2-18=-8dB then reselect if find suitable cell in same carrier, if can not find the cell for reselect in same carrier and Ec/No going down until 4*2-18=-10dB, UE start for searching cell in different carrier, and the last on is search GSM cell if Ec/No = 2*2-18=-14dB

2. Inter-frequency Neighboring Cell Parameter (INTERFREQNCELL)
IDLEQOFFSET1SN
IDLEQOFFSET2SN
default is 0, smaller setting (min=-50) will put the target cell as 1st priority for cell reselection and higher (max=50) will make it hard to reselection to target cell

Thanks