PDA

View Full Version : Any experienced iBWAVE user?

newaisa
2012-05-12, 02:12 PM
HI everyone

Just wanted to ask if anyone here is telco RF deployment engineer and uses iBWAVE or similar software for indoor RF(GSM, 3G, LTE etc etc) design?

I am new to this field and part of my job function needs certain level of understanding in indoor antenna placement. If anyone can show me the way how a newbie like me can kickstart learning the software, that would be great. I tried looking for a guide for it but no luck yet.:(

Very impressed by how they are able to place different kinds of omni and panel antenna to create a perfectly connected indoor space. Wanted to be able to start learning as I'm new to RF.

ibwave
2012-05-17, 03:16 AM
Hello,

You have several options to learn more about the iBwave Design software:
- if you are a registered user, connect to My iBwave from www.ibwave.com and go to the training section. Watch in particular the training videos numbered part 1 to part 3.
- we offer also on site or online certification programs (3 levels) to master the software: http://www.ibwave.com/LearningHub/iBwaveCertification.aspx
- an online user manual is available in the software itself under Help > iBwave Help. We also advise to have a look at the sample files (from Startup Page, Open same project) which will give you a good idea of the capabilities of the software and examples of DAS designs.

Best regards,

iBwave Support

bssmsm
2012-05-17, 09:42 PM
My experience:

If you need to generate a very strong report, use IBWave...
If you need to add a simple snapshot of RF propagation (just put the antenna in the cad and write the EIRP) use Winprop...