PDA

View Full Version : BSC G11B sw release - problems

CptSomeone
2012-05-11, 12:26 AM
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to this forum, still trying to figure out what goes where etc. Anyway, it seems you guys have built a great community here and I'm glad I found you!
I'd like to ask about G11B sw release: we recently upgraded to this version and we're facing several issues of all kinds. Most problems appeared after upgrade to G10A release, and we were assured that most of them would be solved after G11B. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

I was going to be more specific, but since this is an open forum I'm hesitating to do that (still not sure how things work here!)

So, I'd like to ask if any other operator faced so many problems in this sw release. I'll be more than happy to share experiences with colleagues from around the globe!

Thank you.

Darko
2012-05-12, 06:29 PM
I noticed increase in GSL utlilization due to some changes in algoritms in this new release. It looks like they changed priority of resource allocation for PS versus CS.

What have you been observing in your network? Can you be specific on KPIs and counters also ? I am very interested in this.

BR
D

CptSomeone
2012-05-12, 09:39 PM
Hi Darko, thanks for your feedback. We don't face issues with GSL channel utilization, RPPs per BSC are more than enough since WCDMA users increased, so GPRS traffic is low compared to previous years anyway. That's an interesting issue you mentioned here though, I'll talk with our optimization team and ask them about this (I'm not in planning/optimization, I work on BSCs operation part).

I was talking about things like IDB inconsistency alarm in older version RBSs (RBS 2202/2102), a very weird way of license allocation (for example, every BSC has to have AMR codecs licenses defined even if it's standalone, which doesn't make sense to me!), voice quality problems that appear randomly (something's wrong with TRA algorithms, we're still working with E******* to troubleshoot this) etc. Are you aware of any similar problems? What types of BSCs / RBSs do you operate by the way? Also, what's the topology of your core network? Monolithic, common core, blade cluster?