PDA

View Full Version : Capturing LTE packets in Wireshark

pedropumpalot
2012-05-10, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to capture LTE MAC, RLC, PDCP and RRC messages using Wireshark?

I've downloaded the 3GPP decoder for use with Wireshark and installed it in the correct directory but it just spits back a warning.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Pedro

V250
2012-05-10, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to capture LTE MAC, RLC, PDCP and RRC messages using Wireshark?

I've downloaded the 3GPP decoder for use with Wireshark and installed it in the correct directory but it just spits back a warning.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Pedro

I hope you are using correct dissector (decoder) for your software. Also enable protocols (RLC, MAC, PDCP)
open wireshark
go to Edit-->Preferences-->Protocols
enables entries on MAC-LTE, RLC-LTE & PDCP-LTE

HTH,
- V250

pedropumpalot
2012-05-10, 03:23 PM
I hope you are using correct dissector (decoder) for your software. Also enable protocols (RLC, MAC, PDCP)
open wireshark
go to Edit-->Preferences-->Protocols
enables entries on MAC-LTE, RLC-LTE & PDCP-LTE

HTH,
- V250

Hi V250,

I am reading up on it now and picking it up slowly as I go.

I see on the Wire Shark wiki the dissectors for the different protocols but how can I pull in these codes to make a dissector?

Cheers,

Pedro

V250
2012-05-10, 04:09 PM
Hi V250,

I am reading up on it now and picking it up slowly as I go.

I see on the Wire Shark wiki the dissectors for the different protocols but how can I pull in these codes to make a dissector?

Cheers,

Pedro

Hi Pedra,
I do not have much information on how to create dissector but as of my understanding, you should have enough understanding of your software code & how to plug and capture different set of informations.
Please check through different information available on net. It would be helpful if some one can provide relevant informations.

Cheers,
V250