PDA

View Full Version : Question Actix Location Update Fail

usama0795
2012-05-08, 06:04 AM
Dear Experts kindly explain the Location Update Fail as Event troubleshooter in Actix indicates that LAC update Fail due to Location Area attempt from LAC 118 to LAC 118. Do tell if this event is fake or does MS actually sends a Channel request for Location Update; kindly do tell how can we avoid such situation. Thanks.

ninjafine
2012-05-08, 06:24 AM
Hi! Did you get Location Updating Reject from network side? If so you may see Cause value for this reject.

Thanks and reps are appreciated.

usama0795
2012-05-08, 06:37 AM
Thanks i got Location Update Fail message when Immediate Assigment command is sent it says NOT FOR THIS MS....new to Actix kindly specify how to check Cause Code since MS doesnt accept the Establishment Cause; i need to know if this is possible. Thanks.....

usama0795
2012-05-09, 02:13 AM
hey experts need some advice soon since I have sites in my network experiencing SD-Blocking with excessive number of Channel Request for Location Updates with site no where near the LAC boundary....kindly tell is this type of channel request is logical or the BTS just understands the noise in the envionment as Channel Request for Location Update.....dont have any way for analzing traces so getting trace files is not an option.....for the meanwhile have changes max_retans to 0 but dont have any impact on the number of Channel Request still excessively high...have asked for health check but dont know if some issue could be found since no quality issue on any of the TRX equipped have even swapped the SDCCH but still no impact....have check Processor Utilization no change....now just waiting for Health Check..27145..

ninjafine
2012-05-09, 04:03 AM
Hi! At least Ue trace would help to analyze if this requests are just from one problematic Ue or from all users. You may perform drive-test to check this. Since it's not a LAC boundary where this request are comes from? Is it due attach attempts, wrong LAC?
What is about SDCCH performance for this cells?

Thanks and reps are appreciated.

usama0795
2012-05-09, 05:09 AM
Hi ninja! have attached Actix snapshot of the Drive test performed 2 MS one in idle and the other one 1 dedicated....idle mode MS is alreday attached and it attempts location update from LAC 118 to LAC 118.....and Location Update Type is Normal Location Update from MS in Uplink and when BSC sends immediate assignment command L3 messages says NOT FOR THIS MS and Location Update Faile event is triggered and was triggered 40 times in a space of few minutes with Actix showing unexpected L3 message.....kindly if somebody can also highlight what does UnExpectedL3Message as highlighted in the figure above means?????............call volume has degraded on all the cells due to excessive RACH load have changed BCC of the cell / soft reset / site Audit / recreated CIs in MSC / Database check to see if any junk CIs or LACs thr in the BSC....as problem started since 1 last week....only thing pending is health check....and as already told traces cannot be obtained....vendor is NSN.....kindly do tell if a faulty MS causes this kind of issue does it actually take up resources and degrades Call Volume as well?????? bcuz I have seen only one such case in which a Chinese Handset not following GSM Protocol already attached to the Network continuously kept on sending Channel Request for Location Update but no degradadtion in Call Volume was osberved only kpi degraded was SD Access Success Rate vendor was Huawei and IMSI was blocked to rectify that issue.......but cant get traces in this case.......