PDA

View Full Version : Cell with two TG each with one CHGR

thewatcher
2012-05-07, 09:01 PM
Dear Experts,

I have a E******* 2G system single band.
On some site we use two cabinet RBS2106.
usually the first cabinet has two cells each with two channel groups and the second cabinet with one cell with two channel group.

is it possible to do the following configuration:
first cabinet will have all three cells each with one channel group and the second cabinet will be configured to have the second channel group of each cell.

if possible, are there any disadvantages to this configuration?

Much Thanks!

thewatcher
2012-05-09, 05:05 AM
Would appreciate your advice on the above matter, I'm sure we have people with the right experience here.

I'll give an example of what I mean:

Current configuration at the site is:

RXOTG-1:
CellA 0
CellA 1
RXOTG-101:
CellB 0
CellB 1
CellC 0
CellC 1

I would like to know if the following configuration is possible:

RXOTG-1:
CellA 0
CellB 0
CellC 0
RXOTG-101:
CellA 1
CellB 1
CellC 1

Thanks!

road2nowhere
2012-05-09, 04:01 PM
Hi,

It is possible to configure like this.

Disadvantages:

-You will have to use 2 antenna or external combiner if you split the cell in 2 cabinets.
- if you have 2 E1s, one for the master and the other for the slave, you can configure EDGE on master only (where the BCCH lies) or cascade both the E1 externally

thewatcher
2012-05-09, 07:35 PM
Thank!

I'm not that experience with the radio part.
are external combiners expensive? is it something that operators use regularly.
If you can direct me to me information about the subject that would be excellent

Thank

CptSomeone
2012-05-10, 01:33 AM
I would avoid using combiners if I were you. It's not that they're too expensive, but they add signal loss which you have to calculate. More important, those things tend to be unreliable after some time (so you add another factor to consider when troubleshooting)...
Question: why are you thinking using that configuration?

deepakels
2012-08-11, 07:08 AM
HI Dear,

Yes you can have the desired configuration .
Its better to have such config if you have both 900 & 1800 Band.
keep 1 cabinet 3 cells on 900 with BCCH as UL ( make two CHGR 0 & 1 for EDGE per cell as there are known issue for having EDGE on non BCCH channel )

Configure 2nd Cabinet for 1800 ( low coverage ) as OL with CHGR=2 . You have to use 2 set of Antenna for each sector though

Also you have to make the Connection between two DXUs for Sync using a ESB cable and make them working as active & slave

Terminate 1 E1 each in both cabinet if both are having 12 TRX
Kindly add to reputation if you like

BR//Deepak

thewatcher
2012-08-12, 05:22 AM
Thanks deepakels,

I would like to make this configuration on a 900MHZ only site and to avoid adding a second antenna for each sector.

is it possible?

I know that you can have sectors with 900 and 1800 MHz with onlt one antenna per sector, could I do that in this case, and if so how?

Thanks!