PDA

View Full Version : About the network optimization process automization

Omessi
2012-05-04, 04:15 AM
Hi everybody ,

I'm a telecom engineering student and currently working on my graduation project.

I need to find a way to describe step by step the radio network optimization process for 2G/3G networks .

So far , I did some 2G and 3G drive test analysis using actix but I have some trouble with the Call Drop & HO fail analysis and the identification of its causes.
Here are the parameters I focus on :
For 2G: ServRxLevSub , ServRxQualSub ; For 3G: EcN0 and RSCP,
And here are the "Events" I try to solve: call drops , HO Fail, "No Dominance" and Interference and ping pong Handovers.

I need some help with the following points:
- What are the other parameters I should focus on and analyse ?
-How to describe the optimization process ( the description of the possible problems and the actions that solve them )
- I need to write a program that helps in the decision making ( how to choose the best action that solves a problem according to the Radio parameters of the cell )

Ps : I am new on the forum so please help me I'm drowning , anything could help me , links , docs , tips anything ( I can't download from the site yet so heeeeeeeeeeelp ) ! thanks guys

bino
2012-05-04, 11:03 AM
Hi everybody ,

I'm a telecom engineering student and currently working on my graduation project.

I need to find a way to describe step by step the radio network optimization process for 2G/3G networks .

So far , I did some 2G and 3G drive test analysis using actix but I have some trouble with the Call Drop & HO fail analysis and the identification of its causes.
Here are the parameters I focus on :
For 2G: ServRxLevSub , ServRxQualSub ; For 3G: EcN0 and RSCP,
And here are the "Events" I try to solve: call drops , HO Fail, "No Dominance" and Interference and ping pong Handovers.

I need some help with the following points:
- What are the other parameters I should focus on and analyse ?
-How to describe the optimization process ( the description of the possible problems and the actions that solve them )
- I need to write a program that helps in the decision making ( how to choose the best action that solves a problem according to the Radio parameters of the cell )

Ps : I am new on the forum so please help me I'm drowning , anything could help me , links , docs , tips anything ( I can't download from the site yet so heeeeeeeeeeelp ) ! thanks guys

Hi,

Here's WCDMA analysis by using actix. I hope it's useful for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?v6rzmriuxerre1g

Br,

Omessi
2012-05-08, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the link Bino !

Anyone has anything about 2G Radio network optimization? And can anyone give me an Idea about the most important settings and Thresholds that I need to modify in order to improve the network performance ?

best regards!

bino
2012-05-09, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the link Bino !

Anyone has anything about 2G Radio network optimization? And can anyone give me an Idea about the most important settings and Thresholds that I need to modify in order to improve the network performance ?

best regards!

Hi,

This is 2G RF parameters which using in real mobile network (Huawei). You can refer it.

Omessi
2012-05-09, 10:48 PM
Thx again bino , but i could not download! not enough reputation :'(

bino
2012-05-10, 04:41 PM
Thx again bino , but i could not download! not enough reputation :'(

Hi,

New link for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aa6adt6wra3ph3l

Br.

Omessi
2012-05-10, 05:46 PM