PDA

View Full Version : Question How can UTRAN distinguish different services of UE?

assassinhp
2012-04-24, 04:55 PM
Can you please answer my question?
UE can use many services with other prioritiy levels, such as: Background, Streaming, Conversational, Interactive. Thus, does UTRAN has mechanism to distinguish these 4 levels and where is this mechanism placed (in NodeB or RNC). I think this may be useful in measurement of one - way - delay, delay variation in 3G network.
Thank you so much.

firstmaxim
2012-04-24, 05:39 PM
Based on the QoS, which goes into the definition of the bearer. It is the RRC algorithm which decides the bearer QoS at call set up.

wolverine
2012-04-24, 05:42 PM
To add to the answer above..

The RNC receives RAB ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS from the core network (SGSN and MSC). These RAB ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS contain the QoS attributes you describe. The RNC sets up a RAB accordingly.

assassinhp
2012-04-24, 05:54 PM
To add to the answer above..

The RNC receives RAB ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS from the core network (SGSN and MSC). These RAB ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS contain the QoS attributes you describe. The RNC sets up a RAB accordingly.

Does this parameters is only used in Iub mobile backhaul or another interface (Uu) ? Another question, for example, I want to use Web - Browsing service (Interactive Class) or Download a file via FTP (Background Class) and the QoS attributes may be assigned for my other services (from RAB ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS). So my question is that: the Radio Bearer data rate is assigned base on my service of based on technical that I am using (for example HSDPA 14,4 Mbs or R99 384 kbps)?
Thank you so much.

chamanbagga
2012-05-04, 02:47 PM
Normally, it makes sense to deploy Sandvine's fairshare for mobile to handle application level QoS and control. It is quite difficult to manage app based qos otherwise.