PDA

View Full Version : Question hspa throughput problem

magno22
2012-04-21, 08:55 PM
in hspda network schudeled rate is 180kbps but served rate is 7 kbp. whats reason of this? how to solve? we use huawei technology.

ninjafine
2012-04-21, 09:22 PM
Hi! Check what is the HS-SCCH decoding success rate, HS retransmissions rate. What is the reason of so low scheduled rate, is it due CQI?
Thanks and reps are appreciated.

zeezzoo
2012-04-21, 11:46 PM
could you explain more. what do you mean by scheduled rate & served rate ? are checking counters or drive test ?

gprastomo
2012-04-21, 11:47 PM
I have same issue about hsscch code decode almos 0. No transm alarm n others.

What is the issue? I added new carrier, but not solved yet
Also i change the hsscchpower control to be fix and increase by 3 db but not solve yet

ninjafine
2012-04-22, 02:12 AM
I have same issue about hsscch code decode almos 0. No transm alarm n others.

What is the issue? I added new carrier, but not solved yet
Also i change the hsscchpower control to be fix and increase by 3 db but not solve yet

How many HS-SCCH and HS-PDSCH codes are available for this sector? Is F-DPCH implemented in the network? How many HS users are served at busy hour from statistics?
Do you have Tems log file for this issue?

gprastomo
2012-04-22, 05:08 AM
15 codes per cell, i tried to make it 10 codes and not solved.
Hsscch 4 codes, itried to make it 1 and 3 n not solved.
Modify the power also didnt help.

Only 5 hsdpa user and sometime 1.
FDPCH is not active
Let me find the log,

gprastomo
2012-04-22, 11:12 PM
Actually, all sectors having problems. Initially the problem was solved after i upgraded the pdsch codes from 5 per cell to 15 per cells, then after 1 month, this problem appeared.

ninjafine
2012-04-23, 01:45 AM
Actually, all sectors having problems. Initially the problem was solved after i upgraded the pdsch codes from 5 per cell to 15 per cells, then after 1 month, this problem appeared.
If it is E// it might be that dynamic code allocation doesn't work properly. Best way to check how many HS-SCCH and HS-PDSCH codes UE gets is drive test or statistic's counter for HS resources shortage. What HW boards do you have on this site?

zeezzoo
2012-04-23, 03:48 AM
Dear you can't have 15 HS-PDSCH & 4 HS_SCCH codes at the same time. the correct setting is 15 HS-PDSCH & 2 HS-SCCH.
but first let me ask what is the type of code allocation you are using (Static RNC, Dynamic RNC or Dynamic NodeB) ??

magno22
2012-04-23, 12:04 PM
Hi! Check what is the HS-SCCH decoding success rate, HS retransmissions rate. What is the reason of so low scheduled rate, is it due CQI?

HS-SCCH success rate is very low(30% of 1 UE). CQI is 16. How about this?

magno22
2012-04-23, 12:05 PM
could you explain more. what do you mean by scheduled rate & served rate ? are checking counters or drive test ?

I see this value from UE(Huawei U8800 whitch PHU).

magno22
2012-04-23, 12:08 PM
Dear you can't have 15 HS-PDSCH & 4 HS_SCCH codes at the same time. the correct setting is 15 HS-PDSCH & 2 HS-SCCH.
but first let me ask what is the type of code allocation you are using (Static RNC, Dynamic RNC or Dynamic NodeB) ??

Why can not support 15 HS-PDSCH & 4 HS-SCCH code? I configured all nodeBs like this.

gprastomo
2012-04-23, 03:07 PM
Yes, I already tried even with 1 HSSCCH, n still the decode sitll 0. I apply static RNC 5 codes, n dynamic node b code alloc.
i think there is hardware problem, but do you know what hardware which control this code allocation in Huawe!?

ninjafine
2012-04-24, 04:08 AM
What settings do you have for HS-SCCH power, is it static or you are using HS-SCCH dynamic power control?

magno22
2012-04-24, 09:00 AM
Yes, I already tried even with 1 HSSCCH, n still the decode sitll 0. I apply static RNC 5 codes, n dynamic node b code alloc.
i think there is hardware problem, but do you know what hardware which control this code allocation in Huawe!?

in huawei you need to chech wbbp board.

gprastomo
2012-04-24, 03:13 PM
HS-SCCH success rate is very low(30% of 1 UE). CQI is 16. How about this?

30% still ok, it means that your ue wasnt scheduled due to other users are accessing the hsdpa, but the cqi indicated the quality issue on the radio, also see the modulation.

gprastomo
2012-04-24, 03:14 PM
What settings do you have for HS-SCCH power, is it static or you are using HS-SCCH dynamic power control?

previously i used dynamic power control based on CQI, then i changed it to be fix power and increase the power and didnt solve.

zeezzoo
2012-04-30, 05:03 AM
Why can not support 15 HS-PDSCH & 4 HS-SCCH code? I configured all nodeBs like this.

If you want to use 15 HS-PDSCH codes, you have to configure only 2 HS-SCCHs

magno22
2012-04-30, 07:22 PM
If you want to use 15 HS-PDSCH codes, you have to configure only 2 HS-SCCHs

if i configure 4 HS-SCCH 4 user can share 15 HS-PDSCH code at same time. Is it false?

gprastomo
2012-05-01, 03:41 PM
Actually if you have 4 hsscch codes and hsupa enabled, 14 codes will be achieved

MHDRF
2012-05-02, 02:37 AM
if i configure 4 HS-SCCH 4 user can share 15 HS-PDSCH code at same time. Is it false?
Dear
with 4 HS-SCCHs the Cch16,0 will be full and if any user accesses ,the A-DCH will be assigned to him from the Cch16,1 wich will leave only 14 Cch codes available for HS-PDSCH.
so in this case the users will share 14 codes at max and not 15 unless you define only 2 HS-SCChs.
check the attached chart hopefully it will help.

ninjafine
2012-05-06, 02:43 AM
previously i used dynamic power control based on CQI, then i changed it to be fix power and increase the power and didnt solve.
HI! Some additional things to check when HS-SCCH success rate approaches 0:
− The scheduling algorithm is much similar to MAX C/I algorithm, more than one HSDPA subscribers connects to the cell, and the CQI of the subscriber is low.
− The transmit power of HS-SCCH is over low. Now in the indoor scenario, the transmit power of HS-SCCH is fixed to 2% of total transmit power of cell. In outdoor scenarios, the proportion is 5%. If the transmit power of HS-SCCH is lower than the fixed power, the UE may fail to demodulate HS-SCCH data.
− No data is transmitted at the application layer. Confirm this by the actual transmitted data volume in the Connection Performance Measurement-Uplink Throughput and Bandwidth, Downlink Throughput and Bandwidth on RNC LMT.
− The CQI reported by UE is over low, so the NodeB will not schedule the subscriber.