PDA

View Full Version : numEulResources (only 1 of 2 TX boards per site)

indiaco
2012-04-17, 10:20 AM
Hi Everybody,

I have something that it's been bothereing me regarding this numEulResources parameter (eul CE resources activation @ txboard).
We maily have 3000 RBS in the network that I am working with right now, 2 TX boards, 3 RU (6 cells/ 2 freq - power split).
The numEulResources=1 has been configured in one of the two boards, all along the net, although I cannot find any documentation either confirming or denying if the TWO boards could be configured with such value.
Has anyone tried to set the two boards with the Eul resources? Do you have E/// info about different ways to configure them ?
Thanks in advanced.

N.

Marine69
2012-04-18, 02:15 AM
tx types of cards that you have?

indiaco
2012-04-18, 02:50 AM
txtypes of cardsthatyou have?

Mostly TX6HS-06 boards.

jamal
2012-04-19, 01:31 AM
Hi Mate,

Not problem at all if you put on both boards eulreseources.
But it will drain your code resources. and off course will take your HS resource.
In my network, we just put 1 in 1 board even there are 2 boards. We concern codes for HS, EUL is important but not much

For TXHS06, you can put until 3 CMIIW.
You can find detail in ALEX.

BR//JM

Marine69
2012-04-19, 10:46 AM
Mostly TX6HS-06 boards.

For 6 Carrier with:

TX6HS-06: Master
HS : 1
EUL : 1
DCH: 3

TX6HS-06: Slave
HS : 2
EUL : 0
DCH: 3

maxNumADchReservation:375

indiaco
2012-04-20, 06:40 AM
Hi Mate,

Not problem at all if you put on both boards eulreseources.
But it will drain your code resources. and off course will take your HS resource.
In my network, we just put 1 in 1 board even there are 2 boards. We concern codes for HS, EUL is important but not much

For TXHS06, you can put until 3 CMIIW.
You can find detail in ALEX.

BR//JM

Hi jamal,

I have been looking into some E/// info and found this in the description of the parameter for W11.2:

"Indicates how many processing resources on the TXB that shall be loaded with EUL software.

Dependencies: If set to 1 then numHsCodeResources must be > 0 on at least one TxDeviceGroup MO within the same baseband pool. May only be set to 1 on one TxDeviceGroup within the same baseband pool.
Disturbances: Changing this attribute can affect traffic. The TXB is restarted if the configuration requires new loading of the TXB. The TXB will be disabled if the TXB is restarted too many times within a certain time period (given by PlugInUnit::allowedSeqRestarts).

"

This means that the only way to have both TX with numEulResources=1 is with the activation of the feature EUL FOR LARGE RBS CONFIGURATION.
Just in case someone else is looking for the same info too.

B.R.

jamal
2012-04-20, 03:33 PM
Hi jamal,

I have been looking into some E/// info and found this in the description of the parameter for W11.2:

"Indicates how many processing resources on the TXB that shall be loaded with EUL software.

Dependencies: If set to 1 then numHsCodeResources must be > 0 on at least one TxDeviceGroup MO within the same baseband pool. May only be set to 1 on one TxDeviceGroup within the same baseband pool.
Disturbances: Changing this attribute can affect traffic. The TXB is restarted if the configuration requires new loading of the TXB. The TXB will be disabled if the TXB is restarted too many times within a certain time period (given by PlugInUnit::allowedSeqRestarts).

"

This means that the only way to have both TX with numEulResources=1 is with the activation of the feature EUL FOR LARGE RBS CONFIGURATION.
Just in case someone else is looking for the same info too.

B.R.

Yes off course thats right.
When you define "numEulResources" then you have to define "numHsCodeResources" at least 1 on the TXB.

You may find some doc with title: "RBS3000 Baseband product description" in forum for sure.

BR//JM