PDA

View Full Version : Question Huawei CDMA BSC6680 and Neighboring Cell Measurement Tracing?

VitalyK
2012-04-13, 07:19 PM
Hi,
I asked this question in old forum, but didn't find the answer - In Huawei CDMA BSC6680 there is a Neighboring Cell Measurement Tracing
Command SET NBRSTAT
This kind of trace generates binary file NBRSTATRACE.dat
How is it possible to get the information from this file?

VitalyK
2012-04-17, 08:56 PM
No ideas about this issue?

DANORM
2012-04-17, 09:50 PM
for what you want this trace?

VitalyK
2012-04-17, 10:46 PM
for what you want this trace?
I hope it helps in analize and optimization task :)
Actually in Huawei I don't have clear HO stat (attempts, success etc.). The only thing I have, it's PSMM trace, it's good but not enough as for me.

DANORM
2012-04-17, 11:08 PM
I hope it helps in analize and optimization task :)
Actually in Huawei I don't have clear HO stat (attempts, success etc.). The only thing I have, it's PSMM trace, it's good but not enough as for me.

From statistics in M2000 there is detail HO statistics (attempts, success etc.)
and about PSMM trace, how you analyze this trace?

VitalyK
2012-04-17, 11:37 PM
From statistics in M2000 there is detail HO statistics (attempts, success etc.)
and about PSMM trace, how you analyze this trace?
In M2000 there is HO stat which is agregated and you can't see per neighbor relation HO stat.
I.e. if you have the cell with 20 neighbors you'll see total HO attempts, total HO success etc. But from this information you can't decide the correct proirity of neighbors, find unnecessary neighbors etc.
Such kind of information you can get from PSMM trace (analyze it in Genex :) But PSMM it's just a message for BSC it doesn't mean HO... Because of this I think Neighboring Cell Measurement Trace can be useful.

intros
2012-04-18, 01:58 AM
Try using for your needs iManager PRS and Nastar. M2000 stats are 30minutes only, and you can't do anything about this, and it's not the best tool for optimizing...

VitalyK
2012-04-18, 03:31 AM
Try using for your needs iManager PRS and Nastar. M2000 stats are 30minutes only, and you can't do anything about this, and it's not the best tool for optimizing...
PRS works with the same data as M2000, but unfortunately huawei doesn't have HO counters on per neighbor relation basis.
Genex also doesn't have input source for such kind of trace.

BTW. You can adjust M2000 stats for any period (1 hour, 1 day as you wish).

T_ADD
2012-04-18, 10:00 AM
What tool do you use to analyse the NBRSTATRACE.dat file?

DANORM
2012-04-18, 02:23 PM
Such kind of information you can get from PSMM trace (analyze it in Genex :) But PSMM it's just a message for BSC it doesn't mean HO... Because of this I think Neighboring Cell Measurement Trace can be useful.

But also the Huawei's engineers use PSMM trace for Neighbor list optimization. Maybe it is not totally correct but useful for neighbor optimization.
I'll try to get some information about NBRSTATRACE.

VitalyK
2012-04-18, 03:41 PM
What tool do you use to analyse the NBRSTATRACE.dat file?
That is the question :) I also want to know it :)

T_ADD
2012-04-19, 07:40 AM
Looking forward to more info on NBRSTATRACE, DANCESTORM.

dmjoguns
2012-04-19, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone, I need material on CDMA BSC6900 cell measurement tracing

hamody2005
2013-01-24, 06:08 AM
I get this Info about NBRSTAT but I still didn't know the diffrence between this and The PSMMTRACE command
For me I used to use SET PSMMTRACE.

Set Neighboring Cell Measurement Tracing
Command Name
SET NBRSTAT
Description
This command is executed to set the neighbor cell statistics task.

Remarks

The neighbor cell statistics task does not support task append. Only one task can be started each time. When you need to start a new task, you must stop the original task and clear the directory for saving neighbor cell statistics files. The default path is F:\cdma2000\TRACE\NBRSTAT\NBRSTATRACE.dat.
If you start the statistics task when the system load is heavy, this may increase the system load. Therefore, be careful to use this function.
If the system performs flow control, any data reported at the moment is not measured.
When the statistics task is on the go, if the active SPU of a specified module is reset or switched over, the task of this module does not stop.
The information of different frequency in the ROUTE UPDATE message is not measured.
You can start the neighbor cell statistics task for the specified model. However, when you stop a statistics task, the task of all modules configured stops.
After the statistics task is started, a tracing data file is generated and saved in the corresponding directory. The file is in the lock state before the task stops. You cannot delete, move, or modify it.
The statistics task reports the collected data at 2:20 every morning. After that, clear the counter of neighbor cell object.
The current file of neighbor cell statistics is backed up at 3:00 every morning. The backup file is also in the lock state till the task stops.
You can execute the forcible report command to obtain the data of the current neighbor cell object. After the data is reported, do not clear the counter. Every time you execute the forcible report command, a data file is generated in the corresponding neighbor cell statistics file directory. This file is unlocked, and you can delete it at any time.

Examples
Example 1: Start the neighbor cell statistics task. Subrack number: 2; Slot number: 2; SPUO subsystem number: 0; NbrSystem Type: PARA0(1X); NbrFreq Type: PARA0(IDENTITY CARRIER); NbrCfg Type: PARA1(NOT CONFIGURED); Trace Time(day): 2.
SET NBRSTAT: SWITCH=START, FSS="2&2&0", NBRSYSTYE=PARA0, NBRFREQTYE=PARA0, NBRCFGTYE=PARA1, DURATION=2;
Example 2: Stop the neighbor cell statistics task.
SET NBRSTAT: SWITCH=STOP;

Related Commands

Query Neighbor Cell Statistics Task Information DSP NBRSTAT
Upload Neighbor Cell Statistics Data Forcibly UPD NBRSTAT

hamody2005
2013-01-24, 06:35 AM
I have exp. with three vendor (ZTE,Huawei,LG_lucent), Huawei is worst one With NBR tracing for this reason:-

The BSC can't Trace All PSMM from all user.
They use special software to do the analysis .
The result isn't accurate, you must review before Adding missed NBRs or (Call drop will increase).
you cant get the PSMM at any time (you must start PSMMTRACE before).
They ask for large number($) for a PSMM analysis tool wherein the other is included it in basic function of BS
The result is just Indicator it doesn't reveal the accurate number.