PDA

View Full Version : Question Enhanced Fast Dormancy Activation?

jayk
2012-04-11, 07:36 AM
Hi Experts, Please share your observations and experiences about activating Enhanced Fast Dormancy in network. Is there any reduction in Signaling Load in network? Which counters are used to check load? Regards, jack.

jayk
2012-04-20, 12:32 AM
Hi Experts, please share your experiences. It is hard to believe, Enhanced Fast Dormancy is not activated in any network.

ninjafine
2012-04-20, 02:30 AM
Hi Jayk. According to Huawei: "Standard fast dormancy is applicable to UEs that comply with R8. With standard fast dormancy, UEs send SCRI messages that contain the cause value "UE Requested PS Data session end" to the RNC. After receiving such an SCRI message, the RNC moves the UE through Cell_FACH to CELL/URA_PCH state. Standard fast dormancy is valid only when the RNC has enabled the timer T323 in system information block type 1 (SIB1).
With enhanced fast dormancy, UEs send SCRI messages that do not contain the cause value "UE Requested PS Data session end" to the RNC."
According to this you should see increased number of switches to CELL/URA_PCH instead of switches to Idle. If you see significant difference in statistics of switches you may check further number of Rab Requests, Authentications, Encryptions and KPI related to CELL/URA_PCH implementation that may result in RNC Load.
Thanks and reps are appreciated.

apurvabelekar
2012-06-11, 03:16 AM
Hi,
You meant that my Standard Dormancy is activated if T323 is active , there is no other ruling parameter or timer?
Secondly I as you said Enhanced Dormancy will lead to increase in RNC load, have you done a trial anytime as I am planning to do this in one of my RNC.

Regards,
Apurv

mobilink999
2012-11-26, 11:21 PM
Hi Guys,
Sorry to invoke this dead topic again. Can anyone share some substantial stuff to show improvment after Enhanced Fast Dormancy. Can you kindly relate it to PCH congestion in some manner?