PDA

View Full Version : multi carrier

elmorabet
2012-04-10, 12:19 AM
we are going to implement the 3G sites with three carriers so I am asking what's the recommended stratigies ?

waiting for your kind support

laks777
2012-04-10, 03:55 AM
One possibility here: Use one for voice, one for R99 & HSPA data users but also handle voice users from other carrier due to congestion, another one as DC-HSPA carrier.

sdcch
2012-04-10, 07:52 PM
i think One possibility here: Use one for voice, one for R99 & HSPA data users but also handle voice users from other carrier due to congestion, another one as DC-HSPA carrier.

khatib86
2012-04-10, 08:10 PM
Greetings elmorabet,

You need to understand your market needs firstly, but usually in multi-carrier of 3 carriers one of them is used for voice and the remaining two for Data,

-------------------------------------------
Thanks and Reputations are highly appreciated

elmorabet
2012-04-10, 09:42 PM
we don't have DC-HSDPA in our network , we have now dual carriers in our network and the priority in first carrier for R99 ( CS , PS ) , the second carrier for HSDPA we adjusted the priority by SPG and we changed the offset in idle to always lock on first carrier , so if we want to add another carrier for PS service so what we should do in all algorithms ?

elmorabet
2012-04-11, 08:22 PM
Waiting for support

bino
2012-04-11, 11:44 PM
One possibility here: Use one for voice, one for R99 & HSPA data users but also handle voice users from other carrier due to congestion, another one as DC-HSPA carrier.

Yes, it like my mobile network.

br,

nauniux
2012-04-13, 03:38 AM
We are experiencing heavy congestion in WCDMA (channel elements and downlink channelization codes) more in the access many RRC connection blocks/failures.
The way we have configured is WDCMA for data mainly HSPA+, HSDPA, PS-R99 and do a direct retry from WCDMA to GSM for voice calls. Our immediate plans are to expand Channel Elements and add some sectors but also considering the second carrier.
What I want to know is what is the most effective configuration for the 2nd carrier option on each carrier.
I believe one will be the preferred carrier for reselection and idle mode.
The voice calls will maybe still redirected (direct-retry) to 2G
PS-R99 in the same carrier.
And maybe HSPA+ and HSDPA on the 2nd carrier.

Any recommendations or different configurations you have tried ?

ninjafine
2012-04-15, 05:47 PM
There are not so many strategies while implementing second carrier. Actually you have to decide either to have HSDPA on one carrier or on both. Last solution is simple from parameters point of view, has more efficient cell load but HSDPA throughput impacted by R99 traffic. When you have HSDPA on both carriers the main challenge is to shift HSDPA traffic to second carrier as much as possible in order to have clear Ec/No on first carrier. This can be done using such feature as IFLS, HCS and etc. Some tunnig depends on hot spot or cluster deployment for second carrier.
Please add reputation if you like my answer.

elmorabet
2012-04-18, 08:21 PM
thank you every body

Is there other strategies ?

phuvuong_uk
2012-05-25, 06:24 PM
What is the main advantage of expansion for multi carrier

MandlaM
2012-06-08, 04:43 PM
thank you every body

Is there other strategies ?

Hi

Try this strategy for Optimum RAB perfomance: Proper utilization of resource
Each layer has 15 codes and When we use both R99 and HS Codes are divided HS gets less codes as R99 has code priority So throughput is greatly decreased
we want the HS users to use F2 without effecting F1 to get more throughout.

Priority on F2 will be high for HS and low for R99 If the HS user is trying to go to F2 but it is full, then it will go to F1 R99 and vice versa.
Define your SPG as below:
SPG1:R991 and HS1-cells having only one layer
SPG2:R991 and HS2-F1
SPG3:R992 and HS1-F2
F3:If and only if there is congestion in either F1 and F2, then those users (R99 or HS) can go to F3

Keep F2 & F3 Barred so idle users cannot camp on it and call admission will only be on F1 and users will be shifted via DRD, so DRD needs to be set properly and
also Remember to define the INTER FREQ Nbrs properly (Blind- load based IFHO)

Hope this will help. I have had success with this but present it first to the client.
"Its HOW you say it not WHAT you say"

----------------------
Add: Thanks and Reputations are highly appreciated

Aljunaibi
2012-06-10, 06:43 PM
i beleive the best design is the Best Carrier Camping approach, CS PS HSDPA
so you will be ready afterthat for the DC HSDPA