PDA

View Full Version : Question DL CE Congestion but the MAX still far from Credit Available

nron3
2012-04-09, 09:36 PM
Dear All,

I face to DL CE congestion.
After check the CE Utilization in M2000 (HW), MAX still far from Credit Available for both DL & UL.
I also attach the CE Utilization.

I have look around at some and i found 2 suggestion:

1. huawei made enable all the future of the NodeB in the whole network due to this there are no enough CE left.

2. PS User Inactive Detecting Timer

Kindly please advice....

jayk
2012-04-10, 03:14 AM
The counters looks suspicious for checking CE installed in cell. Check VS.HW.DLCreditAvailable for installed CE in NodeB and VS.DLCE.Mean.Shared for mean utilization of CE.

nron3
2012-04-10, 10:51 AM
Hi Jayk,

I have check the CE License, DL/UL group, Board Information, everything is working well and nothing strange.
I ask HW, they say some CE resource is allocated for other.. This is all they tell me.

Do you know how to check the Overall Utilization?
How can i know how they allocated CE Resources?

Many thank...

kentck86
2012-04-10, 12:08 PM
Hi Ghee,

Guess you might needed to check the CE allocation for the particular cell/NodeB level.

Hi Jayk,

I have check the CE License, DL/UL group, Board Information, everything is working well and nothing strange.
I ask HW, they say some CE resource is allocated for other.. This is all they tell me.

Do you know how to check the Overall Utilization?
How can i know how they allocated CE Resources?

Many thank...

nron3
2012-04-10, 12:21 PM
hI jAYK,

VS.HW.DLCreditAvailable is not available...
I only can find:
VS.LC.DL.CreditAvailable.LicenseGroup.Dedicated & VS.LC.DL.CreditAvailable.LicenseGroup.Dedicated
>> Both are no value...

=.=!!!

The counters looks suspicious for checking CE installed in cell. Check VS.HW.DLCreditAvailable for installed CE in NodeB and VS.DLCE.Mean.Dedicated for mean utilization of CE.

jayk
2012-04-10, 01:58 PM
The counters you posted, applies when RAN is shared in different operators, means one NodeB and CE resources are shared. I am not sure about RAN Sharing in your network. Accurate CE utilization is calculated by Huawei Nastar but you can calculate as mentioned if you do not have access to Nastar. If there is no RAN sharing then, Check VS.DLCE.Mean.Shared, Counter ID-50332554, sum of all cells in a NodeB in Busy Hour. Run DSP License on NodeB LMT to check Maximum Downlink CE configured in cell and find the utilization.

s00nh0w
2012-04-10, 03:45 PM
good discussion. thnx

nron3
2012-04-12, 06:25 PM
Dear All,

Thank for your all to discuss here..
I ask HW expert here, he tells me this is due to the DL CE Group & UL CE Group.
This counter will only measure 1 CE Group...

Conclusion,
This Counter will bring out correct result if the Node B only has 1 DL & UL CE group.

My Next Question:
How can we have Accurate CE Utilization
for more than 1 DL & UL CE group??

Expert, kindly please HELP me of this...
Many thank...

Br,
GHEE148

jayk
2012-04-13, 12:31 AM
The counter is cell based and a cell can be defined only in one cell group at a time. Counter shows utilization per cell not cell group. A Group is shared in many cells, to have utilization per NodeB, you need to add individual consumption of CE in NodeB cells.

zeezzoo
2012-04-13, 01:36 AM
this is the UL CE utilization per one cell group :

VS.LC.ULMean.LicenseGroup/VS.LC.ULCreditAvailable.Shared (assuming the ran is not shared between operators)

if you have one cell group in your NodeB ==> the above kpi is the UL CE utilization for the NodeB.
if you have more than one cell group ==> to calculate UL CE utilization you have to sum all the numerators then sum all the dominators finally you do the division.

nron3
2012-04-15, 12:59 AM
Hi JayK & ZeeZoo,

Do you meant i got to get the UL CE utilization for each Cell (In Nastar) then add all together?

jayk
2012-04-15, 07:07 AM
yes, you have to add VS.ULCE.Mean.Shared for all cells and divide by Total CE's in NodeB to get CE utilization

agenov
2012-04-15, 04:09 PM
channel element utilization should be done at NodeB level so just select the NodeB not cells. Regarding to the initial request can u please tell after which feature activation u observed this problem

BR
Alex

zeezzoo
2012-04-15, 08:44 PM
dear ghee148,

you say you have DL CE congestion but you attached the UL CE Charts ... make sure you are checking the DL CE counters.