PDA

View Full Version : inter-layer handover

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-09, 05:04 AM
dears,
i have a confusion about inter-layer HO,
if we have a normal cell (not concentric) and this cell suffers from TCH and SDCCH congestion on GSM on this cell, we increase or decrease inter-layer HO threshold on DCS to solve GSM congestion ?

jayk
2012-04-09, 06:47 AM
that works, inter-ho layer HO threshold change in DCS cell can effects HO Probability from GSM900-DCS1800.

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-09, 07:04 AM
that works, inter-ho layer HO threshold change in DCS cell can effects HO Probability from GSM900-DCS1800.
YES , i know that changing on it will make effect, i need to know i will increase or decrease inter-layer HO threshold on DCS ?

dgk82
2012-04-09, 03:34 PM
When the downlink level of a cell is lower than this threshold, the cell takes low priority in handover algorithm. If you increase it, traffic as well as congestion may decrease. This is valid only The layer or level of target cell is lower than that of the service cel

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-09, 05:05 PM
When the downlink level of a cell is lower than this threshold, the cell takes low priority in handover algorithm. If you increase it, traffic as well as congestion may decrease. This is valid only The layer or level of target cell is lower than that of the service celok if we have an example here,GSM higher layer is congested and i need to push traffic on lower layer DCS,i will increase inter-layer HO threshold on GSM to push traffic on DCS ?

ventinel
2012-04-09, 08:14 PM
ok if we have an example here,GSM higher layer is congested and i need to push traffic on lower layer DCS,i will increase inter-layer HO threshold on GSM to push traffic on DCS ?
can u plz mention the vendor

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-09, 10:29 PM
can u plz mention the vendorthe vendor is Huawei.

maahsan
2012-04-10, 01:22 AM
The equation for inter-layer HO is

Filtered downlink RX level of the target cell ≥ Inter-layer HO Threshold + Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis - 64

Where "Inter-layer HO Threshold" is cell level parameter and "Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis" is per relation parameter. So if you want to prefer a specific cell i.e., push traffic from 900 to 1800 of the same site than you should tune "Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis" instead of "Inter-layer HO Threshold".

Lowering the value of these parameters will cause shift in traffic from source cell to the target cell.

jayk
2012-04-10, 02:57 AM
YES , i know that changing on it will make effect, i need to know i will increase or decrease inter-layer HO threshold on DCS ?

Increase in GSM900 and decrease in DCS 1800, will shift traffic to DCS1800 cells.

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-10, 06:24 AM
The equation for inter-layer HO is

Filtered downlink RX level of the target cell ≥ Inter-layer HO Threshold + Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis - 64

Where "Inter-layer HO Threshold" is cell level parameter and "Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis" is per relation parameter. So if you want to prefer a specific cell i.e., push traffic from 900 to 1800 of the same site than you should tune "Adjacent Cell Inter-layer HO Hysteresis" instead of "Inter-layer HO Threshold".

Lowering the value of these parameters will cause shift in traffic from source cell to the target cell.
thanks, i think it will help

maahsan
2012-04-10, 02:34 PM
Inter-layer handover works only from higher layer to lower layer e.g., layer 3 to layer 2. To handover from lower layer to higher layer the MS has to perform EDGE handover.

eng.akhalifa
2012-04-11, 01:12 AM
Inter-layer handover works only from higher layer to lower layer e.g., layer 3 to layer 2. To handover from lower layer to higher layer the MS has to perform EDGE handover.
this is right. so if we need to make make HO from lower level to higher level, we will change in EDGE threshold. if we don`t want to change in EDGE HO, which parameter we can work on ?