PDA

View Full Version : Question GPRS dimestioning.

magno22
2012-04-03, 03:41 PM
hello experts
I have one problem about calculate GPRS channel.

1. How many PDCH channels can we configure in a cell? How many users can access to a one PDCH channel at same time?
2. How can we do the configuration to access 800 EGPRS users in a cell at same time? In this case, please consider that the size per subscriber is approximately 70 byte and the sending period of package is 10c.
How many TRX i need?
Vendor is Huawei.

RF engineer
2012-04-03, 06:25 PM
hello experts
I have one problem about calculate GPRS channel.

1. How many PDCH channels can we configure in a cell? How many users can access to a one PDCH channel at same time?
2. How can we do the configuration to access 800 EGPRS users in a cell at same time? In this case, please consider that the size per subscriber is approximately 70 byte and the sending period of package is 10c.
How many TRX i need?
Vendor is Huawei.

Dear

Answer as below
1- Maximum 8 TS per TRX as fixed and dynamic is based on maximum rate threshold of PDCH on a cell parameter. and for user based of PDCh multiplexing threshold as for Ul is 7 and dowlink is 8.
2- as the traffic model is not as CS so it quite not easy to estimate and it is impossible to give 800 EGPRS per cell in a time unlesss you have all TRX fixed PDCH. exactly but i can give approximately.

so 800*(70*8/1000)to kbps=448kbps then each PDCH approximately can handle 4 kbps so 448/4 =112 PDCH .

BR

firstmaxim
2012-04-06, 05:44 PM
How many users can access one PDCH? It depends on the system limits placed by TFIs, TAI and USFs. Secondly, on the actual user traffic. The more traffic by a certain user, the less no of PDTCH's are assigned to a PDCH.