PDA

View Full Version : Ad-HOC Frequency planning?

rfoptman
2012-03-30, 08:37 PM
I know that someones use Ad-HOC freq planning, but I don't know is it a method or special Frequency planning tool? may someone share more info about it?

striker
2012-03-30, 08:58 PM
I know that someones use Ad-HOC freq planning, but I don't know is it a method or special Frequency planning tool? may someone share more info about it?

Planning optimization tools like schema and optimi acpafp is using this kind of frequency planning method base on actual measurements..

rfoptman
2012-03-30, 09:06 PM
Thank u my friend, but like to know the basic of this procedure too! Is it special procedure, possible to be used manually too?

RF engineer
2012-03-30, 11:14 PM

Yes it is new frequency plan based on mixing between baseband and SFH frequency hopping and you can used xAFP optimi to maje Ad-Hoc frequency plan .

BR

rfoptman
2012-03-31, 03:13 AM
Do u have any document describing more details about it?

Fado
2012-08-25, 03:32 PM
Do u have any document describing more details about it? any MR based AFP tool will do it..docs won't help as it is all about the algorithms inside the tools, depending on traffic distribution it will assign a cost matrix - will give high cost to the cell with high traffic- and based on real overlap of signals will decide on frequency to be given..this can be done for both bcch and tch carriers.it may even assign co-bcch to 2 facing sectors as per MR reports if the traffic on those cells are negligible or somehow signal is blocked -due to hills,trees,buildings, too much tilt etc.- depending on how correct the MRs are taken and processed it will still be fine..

RF engineer
2012-08-25, 07:29 PM
Dear

I do not have any document but from my used of tool I got use of the tool how it assign MA list and frequency hopping type, and you can make test if you like select cluster of sites which rgier hopping is BBH just change it to SFH and see the result.

But any how doing new frequency plan based MMR is clear picture of the tool capability.

dekili
2012-08-25, 07:41 PM
As much as I know, there is TIA (Telecommunications Industry Assotiates) tool for network optmization that is using ad-hoc data for the frequency planning. This is the approach where frequency planning is not made based on interference matrix made on busy hour traffic but od ad-hoc traffic. Algorithms for the frequency assignement are as in other tools and they (algorithms itself) don't depend on input data. Here is the trick that input data is ad-hoc and results for optimization or frequency planning are produced for the state of the network that will more likely will be most of the time...