PDA

View Full Version : Question CIO and CIO offset

AhmadE
2012-03-27, 09:22 AM
Did any one have a clear and Simple idea about the concept of both parameters

CIO and CIOoffset in Huawei Handover algorithm

i try to find a document to explain it but i can't found one have what i need to know

YANG SONG
2012-03-27, 09:56 AM

i try to find a document to explain it but i can't found one have what i need to know

you can get more info from soft algorithms. 1A 1B 1C 1D and so on

AhmadE
2012-03-28, 12:26 AM
you can get more info from soft algorithms. 1A 1B 1C 1D and so on

I know it's for 1A, 1B ,...
but can you help me to know what CIOoffset mean for 1A event for an example
when i modify it and what is the exactly meaning of it and what it must related to.

YANG SONG
2012-03-28, 10:04 PM
I know it's for 1A, 1B ,...
but can you help me to know what CIOoffset mean for 1A event for an example
when i modify it and what is the exactly meaning of it and what it must related to.

you can get more info from the picture ?

Where:
• CIONew refer to Cell Individual Offset.
• MBest and MNew refer to CPICH Ec/No measurements made by the mobile.
• H1a refers to hysteresis parameters
• R1a refers to reporting range parameters
W=0 (comparison with the best cell rather than with the composite quality of the active set
when W=1)

jayk
2012-03-29, 12:51 AM
CIO is set by UCELLSETUP and CIO Offset is set by U2GNCELL, UINTERFREQNCELL, UINTRAFREQNCELL. CIO means cell boundary is shifted for all neighbors, and CIOOFFSET is for individual neighbor. CIO OFFSET helps to change boundary of cell per neighbor basis.

AhmadE
2012-03-29, 02:51 AM
thanks for you jayk (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?18620-jayk) and YANG SONG (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?57611-YANG-SONG)

so let me know if i understand what you mean
CIO is set in the cell for itself and the CIOoffset is set in the cell for each neighbor for all event 1A, 1B and 1C

right?

zeezzoo
2012-03-29, 05:19 AM
I believe so ahmede , but there is something strange in huawei made doubt that it may not be as jayek & yang had explained.

the below points are the things i didnt understand:
*The inter-RNC neighbors should have their own CIO which is set in the serving Rnc
Ex :
serving cell : cell1 in RNC1
Neighboring cell : cell2 in RNC2
so in RNC1 i have a table of external neighbors (includes cell2) and for each cell i have to set a CIO

*in the drive test i wasn't able to find the CIO value but i only found CIOoffset (in the measurement control message)

Anyone have an explanation please?

sofianonline
2012-03-29, 05:56 PM
thanks for you jayk (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?18620-jayk) and YANG SONG (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?57611-YANG-SONG)

so let me know if i understand what you mean
CIO is set in the cell for itself and the CIOoffset is set in the cell for each neighbor for all event 1A, 1B and 1C

right?

Yes it's right and the sum of this parameter is used for evaluation of the UE for handover procedure.
You can download 3GPP TS 25.331 by searching in google. There is explanation about it.

AhmadE
2012-03-30, 01:38 AM
Yes it's right and the sum of this parameter is used for evaluation of the UE for handover procedure.
You can download 3GPP TS 25.331 by searching in google. There is explanation about it.

Ok after i search in the document i didn't found any new data only the following:

"is the individual cell offset for the cell entering the reporting range if an individual cell offset is stored for
that cell. Otherwise it is equal to 0."

but what can you explain what zeezoo said:

I believe so ahmede , but there is something strange in huawei made doubt that it may not be as jayek & yang had explained.

the below points are the things i didnt understand:
*The inter-RNC neighbors should have their own CIO which is set in the serving Rnc
Ex :
serving cell : cell1 in RNC1
Neighboring cell : cell2 in RNC2
so in RNC1 i have a table of external neighbors (includes cell2) and for each cell i have to set a CIO

*in the drive test i wasn't able to find the CIO value but i only found CIOoffset (in the measurement control message)

Anyone have an explanation please?