PDA

View Full Version : MBX with Mapinfo

AhmadE
2012-03-26, 08:05 AM
hello everyone,

i faced a problem when i try to get some tools in mapinfo with .MBX
and i know it's unable to reprogramming it, but is their any way to be able to work with MBX file
with an new data which i have?

sedicla
2012-03-26, 09:34 PM
You sould download Mapbasic you can get it free.

http://www.pbinsight.com/products/location-intelligence/applications/mapping-analytical/mapbasic/

BR

AhmadE
2012-03-27, 02:31 AM
You sould download Mapbasic you can get it free.

http://www.pbinsight.com/products/location-intelligence/applications/mapping-analytical/mapbasic/

BR

Dear Sir,

Mapbasic is create a MBX file but i need to edit on already MBX made file
Is their any way or not

anyway thanks for your support

D33T0X
2012-03-27, 04:28 AM
You can't modify a mbx. You need the source code. If you have that it's easy, I can help you.

Dear Sir,

Mapbasic is create a MBX file but i need to edit on already MBX made file
Is their any way or not

anyway thanks for your support

AhmadE
2012-03-27, 08:15 AM
You can't modify a mbx. You need the source code. If you have that it's easy, I can help you.

Some file i have the source code but most of them i have only supported file "excel or access"

D33T0X
2012-03-27, 02:31 PM
So my understanding is that your mbx only supports xcel or acess input formats - ufortunately the source code has to be modfied to alow your application to work with other formats. As metioned earlier you can post/pm me the source code together with how you want it to be modified - I can help you with that and return the modified code to you.

Some file i have the source code but most of them i have only supported file "excel or access"

striker
2012-03-27, 06:03 PM
@D33tox,

Is it possible to remove in mbx the locked for a certain pc ( i mean it will work only for certain pc) and to change the lic for time?

D33T0X
2012-03-27, 06:38 PM
@striker

To lock the mbx to one PC - I don't think so. But you can put a password in the beginning of your application and give it only to the people you want to use it. Alternatively, yes time-limited license can be applied - very easy to implement a basic version but not fully water proof, see code below:

=============================================================================

If FileExists("C:\file.dll") Then
Dialog
Title "This tool is blocked!!!"
Control OKButton
End Program
End If
Dim d_today As Date
d_today = CurDate()
If d_today>="20200430" Then
Create Table "KNOCKOUT" (a Char(10)) file "C:\KNOCKOUT.tab" TYPE NATIVE Charset "WindowsLatin1"
Export "KNOCKOUT" Into "C:\file.dll" Type "ASCII" CharSet "WindowsLatin1" Titles
Dialog
Title "This tool is blocked!!!"
Control OKButton
End Program
End If
=======================================================================

A more complicated protection of your application based on time would be to get the metadata of the input files and put conditions on that - that in my opinion works better.

I hope this helps

@D33tox,

Is it possible to remove in mbx the locked for a certain pc ( i mean it will work only for certain pc) and to change the lic for time?

AhmadE
2012-03-28, 12:19 AM
So my understanding is that your mbx only supports xcel or acess input formats - ufortunately the source code has to be modfied to alow your application to work with other formats. As metioned earlier you can post/pm me the source code together with how you want it to be modified - I can help you with that and return the modified code to you.

In the attached for example, you can find a tool for mapinfo to 2G-3G neighbors with its .csv files
what i need is to create my .mbx file to be able to add or delete parameters, counters, KPIs, ... to the mapinfo
using this file or any one

or to change the vendor which used in the old mbx with my network vendor in my mbx file

AhmadE
2012-03-30, 01:40 AM
In the attached for example, you can find a tool for mapinfo to 2G-3G neighbors with its .csv files
what i need is to create my .mbx file to be able to add or delete parameters, counters, KPIs, ... to the mapinfo
using this file or any one

or to change the vendor which used in the old mbx with my network vendor in my mbx file

so any update? can i have a way to modify the mbx file as my needed

yandj
2012-03-31, 09:01 AM
these may be help you

AhmadE
2012-03-31, 07:09 PM
these may be help you

this all are .mbx
and i have it before, what i need is modify the files as my requests

thanks any way

ltecity
2012-04-01, 02:15 AM
Please upload how to use this tool guide.
It will very useful to other members also.

AhmadE
2012-04-01, 05:16 AM
i will upload the excel file which need to work with it
and if i found any helpful document i will upload it too

tanbao
2012-04-02, 01:07 AM
As I know, we cannot edit MBX file. So how can you edit it?

D33T0X
2012-04-02, 02:39 AM
You can't edit a MBX.
The only thing that can be done is to adjust your input and hope the mbx will still work.
If you have the code that was used to build the mbx (that's the mb file) then it's quite easy to modify there, re-compile and get a new mbx that will satisfy your needs.
Not much can be done without the mb file.

As I know, we cannot edit MBX file. So how can you edit it?