PDA

View Full Version : Exert Measurment List Check

peanut
2012-03-25, 08:28 AM
Dears,

I noticed, when processing Dumps with Exert that he is checking if the cell has it's own BCCH in its MF Idle List, If not he propose to add it like:

RLMFC:CELL=LLGARR2,MBCCHNO=11,LISTTYPE=IDLE,MRNIC; !OWN BCCH!

I'm wondering what's the reason of such test? why to add own BCCH in the Idle list Measurment Frequencies ?

Best regards,

auto_art
2012-03-25, 04:39 PM
Dears,

I noticed, when processing Dumps with Exert that he is checking if the cell has it's own BCCH in its MF Idle List, If not he propose to add it like:

RLMFC:CELL=LLGARR2,MBCCHNO=11,LISTTYPE=IDLE,MRNIC; !OWN BCCH!

I'm wondering what's the reason of such test? why to add own BCCH in the Idle list Measurment Frequencies ?

Best regards,

in idle it should be there so phone can reselect cells with co bcch in idle mode.
in active it should not be there to avoid confusion.

this test help u to reduce length of ba list to reduce the time to measure nei cells, hence proper measurement can be done.

peanut
2012-03-28, 10:20 AM
Bro,

As I understand from your post, This will improve reselection process, but is it possible for the mobile to read another cell with the same BCCH without getting interfered?

BR,

auto_art
2012-03-28, 12:16 PM
Bro,

As I understand from your post, This will improve reselection process, but is it possible for the mobile to read another cell with the same BCCH without getting interfered?

BR,

i think bsic will help in differentiate the two