PDA

View Full Version : compress mode and measurement done for the event 3a (utran cell and GSM)

kass33
2012-03-20, 10:41 PM
Dear all,

In fact, when the UE reports the event 2d in order to make HO inter-RAT, the SRNC prepares the setup for event 3a and prepare the mobile to swithc in compress mode.

the event 3a occurs (in case the connection quality has been triggered for CPICH EcNo) when the estimated quality of the WCDMA RAN used frequency is below the threshol usedFreqThresh2dEcno+serviceOffset2dEcno+utranRelThresh3aEcno and the measured GSM carrier RSSI of a GSM cell is above the absolute thresholf gsmThresh3a during a time at least equal to timeToTrigger3a.

My question is:

How the mobile can measures the WCDMA RAN used frequency in same time that measures the GSM carrier and while the mobile is in compress mode ?

If i will understood, the compres mode is to measure another frequency or another technologie.

Thanks for your response

BR,

KS

jayk
2012-03-21, 06:00 AM
compressed mode can be triggered in three ways i) reducing SF, ii) puncturing bits iii) higher layer scheduling. Aim is to have enough transmission gaps in frames to do inter frequency measurements. point to remember is that inter frequency measurements are done in transmission gaps while WCDMA RAN measurements are done during the remaining transmission period.

kass33
2012-03-21, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your response.
Yes, it is so clear but how then the event 3a is triggred when the two criteria are met in same time and that they have the same timeTotrigger ? if the two measurement are not done in same time ?

Thx

jayk
2012-03-22, 12:57 AM
I am working on Huawei system, 2D event is used to start compressed mode, then UE reports GSM Cells in MR and RNC sends HO from UTRAN Command. Event 3A is not used at all.

kass33
2012-03-22, 05:03 PM
I am working in E******* and the event 3a is used !!!!