PDA

View Full Version : NSN Node_B Real Capacity

maq17
2012-03-18, 12:32 PM
Anyone experienced congestion with NSN Node_B?

Recently I had a problem with a configuration FSMB+FSMD with a 88% of maximum channel element usage. The problem was presented as a huge increase of RRC setup failures due to cell reselection, admission control and bts / frozen bts. The total RRC attempts (CS+PS) were 10,000 per hour in 3 sectors.

After upgrading hardware FSMD+FSMD, problems dissapeared. THe fact is that only statistics problems appeared, but not any alarm

So, anyone knows the real capacity of a NSN node B? I only have the input of channel element handling, not more

plannerguy
2012-03-19, 01:32 AM
Hi

CE may be one element but u have Codes, power etc...check what was the power alloted for that Node.

Regards
Plannegruy

maq17
2012-03-19, 04:57 AM
Hi

CE may be one element but u have Codes, power etc...check what was the power alloted for that Node.

Regards
Plannegruy

Dear Plannerguy
The Node_B experimented hard congestion related to code congestion and downlink power, but with just one sector. The problem was that after controlling it by reducing power, cell reselection problems appeared, but not only in the congested sector: the other two sectors began to fail with BTS, CELL RESELECTION, FROZEN BTS FAULTS contributing to decrease RRC Setup and Access Complete Ratio due to Admission Control.

I donĀ“t know if there are problems with FSM's combinations : Rel1 and Rel2, when this combination exceeds 10K RRC attempts or nearer. As I wrote, problems disappeared after changing FSMB MAIN with another one in Rel2 (FSMD)

By the way, no alarms were registered in FSB MAIN

Regards