PDA

View Full Version : E/// Interference Frequency

apo7
2009-01-26, 02:05 AM
Can we determine which frequency is having interference problem from the ICM stats or we need to do drive test and test each of the frequencies?

TQ.

ghassen
2009-01-26, 02:32 AM
if you are working with the siemens equiplent activate the SCA smart carrier allocation and you ll have the interference matrix

apo7
2009-01-26, 03:22 AM
This is E******* BTS. The ICM stats indicate interference but not sure which frequency. :L. Hardware all OK.

Lesmana
2009-01-26, 06:22 AM
This is E******* BTS. The ICM stats indicate interference but not sure which frequency. :L. Hardware all OK.

There are 5 intereference bands...you can get the I Band values from the omcr stats of any duration ...like minutewise, hourly or daily....i think daily stat will be good which will show the hourly stats of different I Bands....

For hopping(Synthesize) network, u can findout wich trx is affected...BCCH or Hopping TRX...if i band is high, change the BCCH as its affected by nearby Co BCCH.....if the IBand values are high in hopping TRX, you should go to change the MA List......Remember....these types of intereference measurements are done in idle mode.....you can also check the i band values of every single Time slots...coz due to higher values of Iband of any specific slot fails to carry any call and works like a sleeping TS....

Finally, if intereference exist in hopping TRX and you need to findout the specific frequency which is interfered, probably Drive Test will be the best option....

From my experience, i found higher IOI in all slots of a particular cell and in the daily stats, it was showing higher congestion though the cell didn't take any call for the whole day...and we found the IOI of all TS of that cell was high and thats why it failed to take any call and was acting as a sleeping cell...

there are lots more scenerio of interferences in GSM...and mostly interesting to solve....faulty hardware also may cause interferences....

take care..

apo7
2009-01-26, 06:16 PM
Thanks alammasud for the tips. I guess drive test is the best option to find the interference frequency.