PDA

View Full Version : SD Drop Causes

adrian_122003
2012-03-13, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone,

i would just like to ask what can be the main causes of High SD Drops we encountered in some sites.
i have checked the Hardware via MML and no alarms were found, but the quality of TRXs are low.
can this still be caused by the hardware?
there are also no interference.
our vendor is NSN.
your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

maha18love
2012-04-21, 08:56 AM
HI

increase the T200 SDCCH timer, it might help

lamagica
2012-04-22, 01:44 AM
hi adrian, you can check the main contributor for the SDCCH Drop, is it becuase of rf, abis, or aif problem..
Is your equipment FMR or common abis (siemens bts plus connected to flexi bsc), you should also try to reset the bcf, sometimes it works..

idea5000
2012-05-04, 07:58 PM
For E///

High sdcch drop due to other reasons could be lead by :
1. Transmission Flicker
2. Power issue
3. Hardware issue ( DRU, TX or RX ) Trial Lock and Unlock absolutely working and hourly monitoring.
4. Sleeping DRU suspected ( Increased SDCCH Drop > 15 %, Tch Assignment succes rate < 90 % and Ho Incoming succes rate < 95 %.

plannerguy
2012-05-06, 03:38 PM
Hi

Try remapping SD to better TRX

Regards'
Plannerguy

Fado
2012-05-08, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone,

i would just like to ask what can be the main causes of High SD Drops we encountered in some sites.
i have checked the Hardware via MML and no alarms were found, but the quality of TRXs are low.
our vendor is NSN.
thank you.hi,did you check IOI?it may show you if there is an hardware issue with TRXs...

ashraferto
2012-05-12, 02:26 AM
HI ,
Check the below counters for deep investigation:

SDCCH_RF_OLD_HO
SDCCH_LAPD_FAIL
SDCCH_BTS_FAIL
SDCCH_USER_ACT
SDCCH_BCSU_RESET
SDCCH_NETW_ACT

peanut
2012-05-12, 02:31 AM
hi adrian, you can check the main contributor for the SDCCH Drop, is it becuase of rf, abis, or aif problem..
Is your equipment FMR or common abis (siemens bts plus connected to flexi bsc), you should also try to reset the bcf, sometimes it works..

You're right you need to split the drops to reasons and see the main contributor reason

Regards,

ashraferto
2012-05-12, 02:58 AM

yes a agree with you..in GEMINI this problem sometimes solved by reset BCF

aaofik
2012-05-15, 10:43 PM
do you check TQM and ND196? if there low qual trx in ND196 lower than 90% and there is not alarm, it because not yet trigger alarm. try to ask TI to check installation modul as jumper etc, and if appear try to replace rf modul. it happen in my site.

parsarka
2012-06-06, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone,

our vendor is NSN.
thank you.

No need to so much analysis :) .....Enable Antenna Hopping feature in the cells with poor SD Drops.....ur SD Drops will reduce!!